Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,800 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies – Fleet management software for 2022!
We're driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the role:
In this role you will be responsible for forecasting, staffing, and agent metrics (adherence, utilization, and productivity) for Samsara’s global contact center operations. You will oversee workforce management for support teams across multiple geographies and channels. You will enable the Global Customer Support team to deliver service level goals by providing operational insights through scheduling and capacity forecast reviews. This role reports to the Director of Global Support Operations & Strategy, and will be cross-functional in nature, working alongside global teams in the US, Mexico, and Europe.
This role requires strong business acumen, a passion for streamlining operations and optimizing resources, and an eagerness to constantly deliver data-driven improvements. You should be comfortable managing data pipelines to generate reliable analysis and easy to understand dashboards. You should be excited to be challenged and grow in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
In this role, you will:
- Forecasting: Operationalize comprehensive and flexible forecast models to forecast long- and short-term business volume to contribute to inform staffing strategy.
- Staffing: Allocate resources and own staffing schedules to balance customer experience, employee experience and cost effectiveness.
- Metrics: Manage internal and vendor performance goals like Service Level Attainment, Utilization, Occupancy, Schedule Adherence, and Average Handling Time across phone, email, chat, and social channels.
- Dashboarding & Insights: Develop and maintain dashboards to visualize forecasts and performance metrics. Generate insights and drive strategic decision making in partnership with Support managers and leaders.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Win as a Team, and Be Inclusive) as we scale globally and across new offices.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in business, engineering, or a quantitative field.
- 7+ years of work experience, including 3+ years experience in workforce management, vendor management, contact center operations, and/or BPO operations.
- Experience with workforce management for global contacts centers with multi-channel support (phone, email, chat, social media).
- Advanced analytical skills with tools such as Excel, SQL, and Tableau
- Experience forecasting customer support demand for multiple lines of business.
- Experience with capacity planning, real-time resource management, and reporting.
- Experience working with best-in-class WFM tools.
- Experience partnering with Director-level leaders to solve challenging problems.
An ideal candidate also has:
- Industry-standard certifications.
- Experience with workforce management for vendor/BPO operations.
- Experience selecting and implementing workforce management tools.
- Experience with scaling global Support organizations.
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.