We are looking to hire an experienced VP of People who will help us continue to build and implement the systems and processes necessary to support our rapidly growing company. As the company’s ambassador for Human Resources, Talent Acquisition, and Facilities, our VP of People will be a vital operational and strategic leader within the organization and will enjoy interacting with employees of all levels from interns to the executive team. As we embark upon a stage of rapid growth, our VP of People will have the drive and experience to nurture and improve our workforce as well as be an active member of our leadership team.
What we’re looking for:
- Culture & Connection: Amplify our core values and virtues, and build employee connections; keeping our people informed, engaged, and inspired.
- Diversity Equity & Inclusion: As a critical pillar of our company values, The VP of HR will be responsible for sharpening the focus on DEI to ensure that all employees feel a sense of belonging and each is treated equally.
- Professional Development: Refine our approach to professional development and build on existing efforts to create programs that are embraced by employees and managers.
- Talent Acquisition: Support Talent Acquisition by setting strategy, enhancing processes, and accelerating the hiring of top talent.
- HR Systems & Metrics: Design HR frameworks and systems that meet the needs of a rapidly changing and growing company.
- Performance Management: Continue to develop a performance-based culture focused on setting measurable objectives, driving improvements to performance and process, engendering accountability, and delivering consistent feedback.
- People Analytics: Own and drive a metrics-based framework to understand trends, challenges, and opportunities within the organization, and translate those insights into actionable measures, tied to key performance indicators.
- Operational Excellence: Develop best-practice operational mindset and processes both within the People Operations team and in its interactions with other teams across the organization.
- Strategic Planning: Work closely with senior executives and Finance on strategic planning as relates to people (e.g., changes to compensation, workforce management, offshoring/outsourcing, headcount planning, etc.) and drive implementation of plans throughout the year.
- Team Leadership: Coach, mentor, and develop individuals on the People Operations team, and continue to elevate the organization to perform at a world-class level.
- Senior Corporate Leadership: Be a visible member of the executive team and a trusted advisor to departmental and operational leaders at all levels in the company as we build, align, energize, and retain our high performing organizations.
- Master’s or other advanced degree or equivalent experience (e.g., organization development, management consulting) required.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in a leadership/managerial capacity with a significant focus on HR and Talent Acquisition.
- Experience working at technology start-ups; working knowledge of scaling organizations from start-up to mid-size preferred.
- Reputation as a strong, decisive, results-oriented leader with a strong understanding of the business.
SingleStore delivers the cloud-native database with the speed and scale to power the world’s data-intensive applications. With a distributed SQL database that introduces simplicity to your data architecture by unifying transactions and analytics, SingleStore empowers digital leaders to deliver exceptional, real-time data experiences to their customers. SingleStore is venture-backed and headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Sunnyvale, Raleigh, Seattle, Boston, London, Lisbon, Bangalore, Dublin and Kyiv.
Consistent with our commitment to diversity & inclusion, we value individuals with the ability to work on diverse teams and with a diverse range of people.
Please note that SingleStore’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires that team members in the United States be fully vaccinated, including a booster shot with one of the United States FDA-approved vaccine options to meet in person for SingleStore business or to work from one of our U.S. office locations. If an exemption and/or accommodation to our vaccination policy is requested, a member of the Human Resources department will be available to begin the interactive accommodation process.
To all recruitment agencies: SingleStore does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to SingleStore employees. SingleStore is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.