OLAPLEX, Inc. (Nasdaq: OLPX) is an innovative, science-enabled, technology-driven beauty company. We are founded on the principle of delivering effective, patent-protected and proven performance in the categories where we compete. We strive to empower our consumers to look as beautiful on the outside as they feel on the inside. We believe every person deserves to have healthy, beautiful hair, whether they are visiting a salon or caring for their hair at home.
OLAPLEX has been able to achieve phenomenal growth and we continuously seek exceptionally talented individuals who can support our innovation and creativity. We currently operate in a fully remote environment; because of this, collaboration and flexibility are at the core of our commitment to each other and to the success of OLAPLEX.
Olaplex is seeking an experienced and entrepreneurial VP of Global Marketing to lead transformational brand marketing initiatives that will drive business results, enhance our core brand equities and increase awareness of the Olaplex brand internationally. You will partner closely with the CMO and Creative Director on brand and creative strategy and thought leadership. The ideal candidate will have a disruptive approach, passion for storytelling and embrace both the art and science of marketing.
Core responsibilities – about the role
- Develop and lead strategies to reach new and diverse audiences, while deepening engagement with existing audiences
- Spearhead the optimization of our go-to-market planning process for all core, seasonal, and brand initiatives with corresponding tools and a clear workflow for the organization
- Lead a passionate and talented team of marketers across Brand, Product and International, creating opportunities for growth and knowledge sharing
- Partner with Creative Director on campaign briefing, strategy, asset creation and 360 management – ensuring campaigns are rooted in strategic insight
- Partner closely across teams to ensure the needs of the business are fully captured and operationalized at annual and seasonal planning milestones
- Evaluate and contribute to channel and tactical plans in key regions to ensure that the strategic intent of the positioning is achieved, and both brand and business goals are being met
- Provide global best practices, benchmarks, and learnings from historical campaign hind-sights to inform development of regional strategies
- Drive 360 marketing tactics and make recommendations to ensure performance against stated KPIs is optimized
- Partner with key global distributors and retailers to optimize collaboration and lead strategy for unique and ownable brand activations, experiences and customer engagement initiatives
- Manage P&L for Marketing and ensure it is aligned with business and brand initiatives
- Be a lead problem solver by anticipating and solving operational and creative challenges, bringing clarity on objectives when there is misalignment, and fostering collaboration between global stakeholders
Qualifications – about you
- You bring 12+ years of relevant working experience
- You are a strong leader with a process driven mindset and who has managed a team of 5+ people—someone who people want to learn from, work with, and are inspired by
- You demonstrate deep industry expertise and competitive knowledge in beauty through data and trend analysis, incorporating key insights into strategy development
- You are deeply familiar with brand strategy and have executed these at scale, driving business results and brand equity along the way
- You have experience leading briefings and management of creative agencies and in-house teams
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment—agile and nimble in both leadership and execution
Our Total Rewards
- Work/Life Balance: Remote work environment, paid time off, 11 paid holidays, and flexible work schedules.
- Wellness: Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees in addition to short and long-term disability coverage and life insurance; dependent care flexible spending account company match
- Financial Well-being: Roth and 401k plans; 401k match of 50% up to the first 6%
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program: Career development is as important to us as we know it is to you!
- Culture: Our team has an “attitude of gratitude” and a shared passion for our brand. Join our culture committee and/or DE&I champion team to play a role in building and sustaining our “secret sauce.”
- Recognition: We celebrate our peers and colleagues with our monthly ‘Hero Recognition and Awards’ program. Make a difference as a ‘Bond Builder’ and/or ‘Commendable Creative!’
- Products: Twenty (20) free products per year, plus a friends and family discount.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At OLAPLEX, we support and stand up for our community with our talent, content, messages, and product offering. We strive to build and nurture a culture where a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion is instinctive. Our deep sense of passion and pride in what we do, both as individuals and as a company, unifies our shared commitment to 'do well and do good'. We recognize and celebrate different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds and know they create a stronger and more creative work environment.
OLAPLEX is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.