About the Team
Fanatics Collectibles is a new company working at the intersection of collectibles and technology. Backed by some of the best investors, sports properties and operators in the world, we are integrating with Fanatics’ global digital sports platform – which includes 900 sports relationships and more than 100 million reachable fans – to reimagine the collectibles business for the 21st century.
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform. The company ignites the passions of global sports fans and maximizes the presence and reach for hundreds of sports partners globally by offering innovative products and services across Fanatics Commerce, Fanatics Collectibles, and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, allowing sports fans to Buy, Collect and Bet. Through the Fanatics platform, sports fans can buy licensed fan gear, jerseys, lifestyle and streetwear products, headwear, and hardgoods; collect physical and digital trading cards, sports memorabilia, and other digital assets; and bet as the company builds its Sportsbook and iGaming platform. Fanatics has an established database of over 100 million global sports fans, a global partner network with over 900 sports properties, including major national and international professional sports leagues, teams, players associations, athletes, celebrities, colleges, and college conferences, and over 2,000 retail locations, including its Lids retail business stores.
Fanatics Collectibles is seeking a VP of Digital Platforms. This newly created role will partner closely with cross-functional teams in Engineering, Analytics, and Business Operations & Strategy.
- Strategic vision: Think big picture and articulate core value propositions for our consumers, partners and suppliers. Build the product roadmap to realize this vision
- Turn vision into outcomes: Convert strategy and vision into tangible product features and offerings that balance impact on user adoption and business value. Ability to rapidly develop business cases and prioritize accordingly.
- Business to engineering translation: Leverage knowledge of engineering and software delivery lifecycle to support engineering in translating functional requirements into clear, comprehensive technical requirements. Be the bridge back to the business to set expectations regarding timelines, resourcing requirements, dependencies, etc.
- Opportunity identification: Act as an forward-thinking consultant and problem solver to the business to identify opportunities to address existing gaps and build new capabilities. Be able to “tell the story” to obtain buy-in and resourcing
- Product execution: Lead product teams, providing strategic guidance and oversight to deliver against Collectibles product roadmap. Collaborate with partners in Analytics, Engineering, Design, Business Operations and Strategy
- Product lifecycle management: Instill a data-centric approach for product development and a robust ‘test and learn’ framework for iterative product measurement and delivery
- Cultural leadership: Instill a strong product culture by establishing norms and systems that promote collaboration and innovation across all functions
- Stakeholder management: Clearly communicate and evolve product vision, strategy and roadmap with executive stakeholders across all functions of the business.
- Team development: attract and retain a diverse, high caliber, output-oriented product team
- Proven experience as a VP of Product or in a comparable executive leadership role (consulting experience a plus)
- Proven experience in leading and coordinating across large (30+ people) cross-functional teams.
- Success in leading in uncertain and fast-growing environments
- Broad industry experience across retail and consumer, spanning both digital and physical products
- Exceptionally dynamic and interpersonal leader in both strong strategic and analytical thinking
- Excellent written and verbal communicator who can flex across details and executive messaging
- Have built high performing teams by identifying, hiring, and developing world-class talent
- A degree in computer science or related technical discipline plus MBA (strongly preferred)