Rooster Teeth Animation is looking for a Lead Visual Post Artist to support the growth of our animation department! The ideal candidate has experience collaboratively guiding artists through compositing shots based on instructions from the show director and viz post supervisor. A strong candidate will have a proven track record of creative leadership, interpersonal skills, and production experience to help the company fulfill its objectives.
- Provide guidance to artists in shot lighting and composting process
- Work with art director, show director, and viz post supervisor to develop looks for show
- Seek out creative, design-led solutions to challenging problems
- Support the development of tools that optimize the lighting and compositing process
- Look ahead to forecast potential technical, production or schedule issues and recommend solutions.
- Motivate the compositing team and act as a mentor in terms of technical/artistic growth
- Innovate on current pipeline procedures as new techniques and software become available as well as to enhance currently existing workflows in conjunction with show/department production staff.
- Follow proper document management requirements, according to the production’s guidelines.
- Collaborate with leadership to properly document production disciplines for our pipeline.
- Communicate effectively and respectfully.
- 5+ years working in a production environment
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Expert understanding of Nuke
- Expert understanding of Maya
- Demonstrated expertise in visual principles
- Passion and ability to work as a positive, collaborative, enthusiastic, ambitious and contributing team member with a real desire to work with the team to find solutions
- Strong proficiency in technical problem solving
- Familiarity with Shotgun or other shot management software is a plus
- Experience using 3DS Max a plus
- Python knowledge a plus