Sprout Social is looking to hire a Vice President of Social, Content & Brand Marketing on the Marketing team. This position, which reports directly to the CMO, is responsible for building the social-first Sprout brand globally, at scale, and tying those efforts to our demand engine. This high-energy, positive-attitude, high-visibility leader will report directly to the CMO and will be a champion of our “louder and prouder” ethos while leading, developing and growing a team in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
This includes providing strategic direction and editorial guidance for Sprout’s social media presence, influencer marketing strategy, content marketing (from brand presence and thought leadership to demand and SEO), and brand activations. We need to be best-of-class in each of these areas, and Customer Zero for our own products and services. The executive who leads this team will have deep knowledge and experience in each of these functions, and be willing to be a spokesperson who amplifies how Sprout leads in these areas. Note that this role does NOT include responsibility for brand creative, which lives under a different leader.
Another critical aspect of how we build our brand is through internal and external communications: PR/media relations, international communications, internal/employee communications, and executive communications. The most qualified candidates will understand how these functions help build our brand, and will have experience leading some or all of these areas. They will play a crucial role in communicating the corporate strategy, vision and values consistently inside and outside the organization.
Why join Sprout’s Marketing team?
As a member of Sprout’s Marketing department, you’re an integral part of empowering and inspiring our customers and driving the growth of our business. As a true partner to Sales and Success, we are accountable to—and responsible for—driving significant revenue across new business acquisition and customer growth. Together, we make up our revenue organization where we lead our go-to-market strategy and establish our goals as one unified team. We put our customers at the center, we’re driven by results and passionate about our impact on the overall strength and health of Sprout. As individuals, there’s no shortage of opportunities to learn and grow in your current role and beyond. Here, we just really want you to do your best work, be creative, take risks and make mistakes. You create your own path.
What you’ll do
- Drive Sprout’s social media presence and strategy, showcasing a world-class social strategy for a B2B brand, with best practices and innovation that B2C brands will also appreciate and admire
- Develop and execute an influencer marketing strategy
- Build and execute a social-first Brand Marketing strategy for the company
- Build on our existing content marketing strategy to ensure that our brand goals (brand presence and thought leadership) and our demand goals are met
- Create an innovative, content-centric, social-first strategy for brand activations
- Provide strategic guidance on identifying and engaging with prospects, customers, influencers, media, and analysts
- Evolve our PR/media relations strategy and execution
- Collaborate with Campaign Marketing, Product Marketing, and Brand Creative teams to create campaigns that build the Sprout brand, reinforce our thought leadership in Social and Influencer Marketing, and generate buzz around Sprout and our story
- Make internal communications a priority, so every Sprout employee becomes a brand ambassador
- Develop an executive communications strategy that puts our execs in the center of all of the conversations we care about
- Collaborate with company leaders, marketing teammates, and other key stakeholders on key projects and campaigns
- Hire, manage, and develop your team with a focus on empowering members to grow professionally
- Influence allocation of marketing budget to meet strategic and financial goals
What you’ll bring
The minimum qualifications for this role include:
- 15+ years of experience in marketing with extensive experience managing a social media and brand strategy team
- 7+ years of leadership experience including mentoring, hiring, and coaching individual contributors and managers
- Deep knowledge of social media, content marketing and SEO
- Ability to generate content ideas across a broad range of content types and channels
- Ability to interpret concepts, follow trends and contribute new ideas to create buzz
Preferred qualifications for this role include:
- B2B SaaS experience preferred
- Data-driven with experience testing, reporting, analyzing and optimizing marketing efforts
- Strong communication and cross-functional distributed team leadership skills
- Passion for building, mentoring and coaching a team of creative and successful professionals
How you’ll grow
Within 1 month, you’ll plant your roots, including:
- Complete Sprout’s New Hire training program alongside other new Sprout team members and understand the value that Sprout delivers to our customers.
- Get acquainted with key partners in Marketing and Sales and learn everyone's roles and responsibilities.
- Meet with your peers and extended team in 1:1s to understand what’s working, what’s not, and gather learnings to implement into your role.
- Start participating in weekly stand-ups and team meetings.
- Get up-to-speed on the business, funnel, and key metrics.
Within 3 months, you’ll start hitting your stride by:
- Understand our social media, content, communications, and brand strategies.
- Know our customers: who they are, what they care about, what makes them tick, why they love us, how we can improve
- Know our prospects: how people find Sprout, what pain points we solve for, which competitors we need to beat, why we win and lose deals.
- Begin building a framework to elevante and grow our social media and brand strategy.
- Identify the metrics we need to track, the technical requirements we need to implement, and the tactics we need to execute.
Within 6 months, you’ll be making a clear impact through:
- Partnering confidently with key stakeholders across all aspects of the business.
- A bold new social media and influencer marketing strategy that ensures we are best-of-class in each of these areas, and Customer Zero for our own products and services.
- As part of that social media and influencer strategy, a social-first brand strategy.
- Evolving and improving our content and communication strategies in service of driving the business and elevating the brand.
- Developing a point of view on key learnings and additional areas of opportunity.
Within 12 months, you’ll make this role your own by:
- Having tested, failed, learned and applied new tactics into our marketing arsenal.
- Evaluating efforts and making plans to scale our social media and brand strategy program in 2025.
- Surprise us! Use your unique ideas and abilities to change Sprout in beneficial ways that we haven’t even considered yet.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
Our Benefits Program
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for our team, product and culture. Our benefits program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families
- Progressive policies to support work/life balance, like our flexible paid time off and parental leave program
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment—your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and mental well-being of our team
- Ongoing education and development opportunities via our Grow@Sprout program and employee-led diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives.
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop and downtown Seattle, for those who prefer an office setting
Whenever possible, Sprout wants to provide our team with the flexibility to work in the location that makes the most sense for them. Sprout maintains a remote workforce in many places in the United States. However, we are not set up in all states, so please look at the drop-down box in our application to see whether your state is listed. Few roles require an office setting. If your position requires a physical presence in a Sprout office, it will be evident in the job listing and your offer letter.
The base pay range for this role is $235,175.00 – $285,000.00 USD annually. Individual base pay is based on various factors, including relevant experience and skills, the responsibility of the role, and job duties/requirements. In addition to base pay, some Sales and Success roles can earn sales incentives.
Sprout’s compensation ranges are intentionally broad to allow for our team members' growth within their role. These ranges were determined by a market-based compensation approach; we used data from trusted third-party compensation sources to set equitable, consistent and competitive ranges. We also evaluate compensation bi-annually, identify any changes in the market and make adjustments to our ranges and existing employee compensation as needed.
Base pay is only one element of an employee's total compensation at Sprout. Every Sprout team member has an opportunity to receive restricted stock units (RSUs) under Sprout’s equity plan. Employees (and their dependents) are covered by medical, dental, vision, basic life, accidental death, and dismemberment insurance, and Modern Health (a wellness benefit). Employees are able to enroll in Sprout’s company’s 401k plan, in which Sprout will match 50% of your contributions up to 6% with a maximum contribution. Sprout offers “Flexible Paid Time Off” and ten paid holidays. We have outlined the various components to an employee’s full compensation package here to help you to understand our total rewards package.
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based on identity– race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in our latest DEI Report.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. We'll do all we can to ensure you're set up for success during our interview process while upholding your privacy, including requests for accommodation. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.