OLAPLEX, Inc. (Nasdaq: OLPX) is an innovative, science-enabled, technology-driven beauty company. We are founded on the principle of delivering effective, patent-protected and proven performance in the categories where we compete. We strive to empower our consumers to look as beautiful on the outside as they feel on the inside. We believe every person deserves to have healthy, beautiful hair, whether they are visiting a salon or caring for their hair at home.
OLAPLEX has been able to achieve phenomenal growth and we continuously seek exceptionally talented individuals who can support our innovation and creativity. We currently operate in a fully remote environment; because of this, collaboration and flexibility are at the core of our commitment to each other and to the success of OLAPLEX.
The Vice President of North America Retail Sales is responsible for leading and implementing North America retail sales business with a focus on topline growth, increasing market share and rank.
Core responsibilities – about the role
- Accountable for building and executing best-in-class business strategies, high volume sales, market share and profitability while translating key company objectives into GTM programs to drive brand and category growth.
- Identify and select new premium partners, manage negotiations on terms, forecasts, and expectations on a monthly/quarterly/yearly basis.
- Deliver breakthrough results in high volume sales, market share and profitability while identifying key business drivers and actions required to maximize effectiveness of retailer programs, brand investments, trade spend, working media, sampling, VM etc. Ability to own and manage a channel P&L.
- Partner with cross functional teams and retail partners to deliver against annualized sales budgets including sell-in, sell-out by customer. Close communication and alignment with International and Professional counterparts on all relevant aspects of the business planning guaranteeing strategic alignment and margin maximization.
- Execute 360 launch plans; budget, forecasting, sampling, co-op, digital media support plans, visual merchandising, PR, education, events and account specific initiatives.
- Adapt and implement internal processes, sales analysis, trends, KPI tracking and critical reporting against the execution of sales and trade MKTG plans by account to achieve, exceed annual sales plans.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly business, revenue updates. Providing sales feedback on launches inclusive of category analysis by retailer, enabling leadership to make informed business decisions.
- Lead and build a sales team – ensuring internal development and culture while ensuring accountability for financial objectives.
- Work with internal teams (MKTG, Operations, PD) to ensure that all programs are on track for launch timelines; highlight potential needs, changes or concerns.
- Monitor forecasting accuracy in alignment with the monthly sales plan, recommending adjustments according to business trends and projections. Provide guidance to cross-functional partners for planning and budgeting purposes.
- Partner closely with professional and e-commerce channel leads to ensure no channel conflict, and work with Global VP to align with strategies across regions.
- Lead and grow relationships both internally as well as with external partners through regular and clear communication. Identifying retailer specific needs, gaps and opportunities.
- Customize programming per retailer (Sephora, Ulta, Nordstrom, Saks, Blue Mercury, etc.) in order to maximize sales, profitability and overall visibility per account.
- Optimize internal team structure to best support brand and cross-functional teams (Marketing, Education, Finance, Planning, Customer Service) to enhance achievement of objectives. Ensure all are fully informed of trade plans, corresponding dates and key milestones on a regular and timely basis. Delegate execution of key initiatives as appropriate.
- Lead by example creating a positive work environment that fosters collaboration. Train and develop team members individually, providing regular performance feedback and semi-annual reviews.
Qualifications – about you
- Experience in managing $150m+ multi-partner retail strategy across North America.
- 12+ years experience in specialty retail with an emphasis in beauty.
- Close relationships with Sephora, Ulta, Nordstrom, Blue Mercury, and other premium players in North America.
Our Total Rewards
- Work/Life Balance: Remote work environment, paid time off, 11 paid holidays, and flexible work schedules.
- Wellness: Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees in addition to short and long-term disability coverage and life insurance; dependent care flexible spending account company match
- Financial Well-being: Roth and 401k plans; 401k match of 50% up to the first 6%
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program: Career development is as important to us as we know it is to you!
- Culture: Our team has an “attitude of gratitude” and a shared passion for our brand. Join our culture committee and/or DE&I champion team to play a role in building and sustaining our “secret sauce.”
- Recognition: We celebrate our peers and colleagues with our monthly ‘Hero Recognition and Awards’ program. Make a difference as a ‘Bond Builder’ and/or ‘Commendable Creative!’
- Products: Twenty (20) free products per year, plus a friends and family discount.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At OLAPLEX, we support and stand up for our community with our talent, content, messages, and product offering. We strive to build and nurture a culture where a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion is instinctive. Our deep sense of passion and pride in what we do, both as individuals and as a company, unifies our shared commitment to 'do well and do good'. We recognize and celebrate different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds and know they create a stronger and more creative work environment.
OLAPLEX is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.