Mechanism is an early-stage venture firm that partners with entrepreneurs to launch and scale ambitious companies.
We work to identify and validate opportunities in our model before creating every business. We then provide the growth expertise to gain early traction and the business support to establish positive unit economics, profitability, and scale.
In addition to investment and strategic guidance, we offer extensive operational support for our startups in critical areas, including Growth, Product, Operations, People, Finance, and Legal. Our in-house experts are at the top of their fields and are here to provide world-class support and expertise in helping our startups get off the ground and scale.
We have deep expertise in growth marketing as a team, and it’s an integral part of our company-wide culture. When it comes to launching and scaling companies, we don’t guess. We engineer.
Our success rate of getting companies profitable is 100%, and our team has a track record of investing in and cofounding multiple companies with $100M+ revenue.
We are looking for a Copy Editor to join our team and work with a team of writers to ensure all content adheres to our organization’s guidelines. A Copy Editor’s responsibilities include proofreading, editing, and working with writers to deliver quality content.
Ultimately, you will work with a team of writers and designers to ensure our content meets our brand’s guidelines and that all copy is accurate and free of grammatical errors. You will be the gatekeeper of various Tone of Voice Guidelines and be able to write and edit in different voices.
The right candidate has exceptional copywriting and editing skills for both original content as well as rewriting and optimizing content from subject matter experts.
What You’ll Do
- Ensure that content adheres to the in-house style guide.
- Stay abreast of the latest media trends and content best practices.
- Compile and update style guides as required.
- Collaborate with the team to come up with fresh and creative ideas, keeping the audience in mind.
- Have the ability to manage multiple projects and consistently meet deadlines.
Who You Are
- Someone with proven work experience as a Copy Editor or similar role.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Leadership and time management skills.
- Proficient in desktop publishing software and Microsoft Office.
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or another related field.
- 3+ years of related writing and editing skills.
- Must be able to articulate a clear point of view on complicated issues in clear, concise, communications.
- 3+ years of experience managing content projects of medium or high complexity.
- Strong editorial background and exceptional proofreading and content creation skills.
- Proven ability to thrive in a high-energy environment where tactical and strategic activities are expected to be driven in parallel.
- Ability to exercise high judgment decision making.
- Ability to conceptualize and execute projects, with a strong bias for action and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.