Adaptavist is a global software innovator, enabling organisations to digitally transform how they collaborate and get work done. Founded in 2005 and with a growing global reach, our customers cut across every major industry and include more than half of all Fortune 500 companies.
Today, Adaptavist leverages its deep technical understanding of Atlassian and innovative partnership with Slack to help organisations embrace new ways of working to achieve competitive advantage.
Through trusted consultancy, app development, training, hosting, and licensing solutions, Adaptavist has established itself as the go-to partner of choice within the Atlassian Ecosystem.
About the role
You will be part of a core UX Research Service that helps product teams across Adaptavist become more customer-centric, using the appropriate research methods and tools to inform the product development process and refine existing products to achieve the highest standards in usability and usefulness. The team also supports research activities by providing research expertise to the wider organization in market research projects.
As part of the team, You will be responsible for directly carrying out generative and evaluative research activities or acting as a consultant to guide the research process, from conception and planning to delivering insights. One of the priorities for this role is to promote customer-centricity and demonstrate the value of UX Research across the broader organization by generating actionable insights, driving product development forward and making sure that stakeholders easily perceive the value of research activities.
What you’ll be doing
- As part of the team this position will be involved in everything customer-related. The key areas of focus are:
- Promoting customer-centricity within Adaptavist
- Showcase the value of UX Research by demonstrating its power through practical application.
- Deliver research insights with confidence and persuasiveness to make product decisions revolve around guaranteeing user success.
- Work with product teams to build a better understanding of research activities and instill the value of customer-centricity in them.
- Help create and maintain a central knowledge base of our customers, so the understanding of our users scales up across Adaptavist.
- Become the expert on our customers and their needs
- Apply knowledge and expertise in research to deliver high-quality outputs consistently.
- Develop and evolve the understanding of our customers by conducting qualitative and quantitative research across the various stages of product development.
- Support marketing research endeavors through expertise in research methodology and practical know-how.
- Deliver insightful analysis of user needs which leads to commercially viable opportunities.
What we’re looking for
- A research practitioner, either in UX or with a deep understanding of using customer centric research in innovation or new proposition development.
- Willingness to learn new methods and improve your skills.
- Ability to inspire teams to take on research as a permanent enterprise and orient them towards customer-centricity.
- Experience in communicating and influencing stakeholders, in particular UX designers, Marketing, Engineering, and Product Managers.
- Demonstrable experience working in cross-functional teams and helping them understand what “good research” looks like.
- Experience shaping, planning, and managing multiple research programs.
- Ability to recruit participants, in particular in hard-to-reach audiences.
- Experience moderating research sessions and creating quantitative studies that achieve the research objectives.
- Strong communication and storytelling skills.
- Self-starting, strongly ambitious, and inspiring: willing to go the extra mile.
A few nice to haves
- Experience within a fast-paced tech environment.
- Experience working with SAAS products.
- Experience in working in Agile teams.
- Experience in marketing research is a plus.