A better place to work. Better work to do. Agile Six is a people-first, remote-work company that serves shoulder-to-shoulder with federal agencies to find innovative, human-centered solutions. We build better by putting people first. We are animated by our core values of Purpose, Wholeness, Trust, Self-Management and Inclusion. We deliver our solutions in autonomous teams of self-managed professionals (no managers here!) who genuinely care about each other and the work. We know that’s our company’s purpose – and that we can only achieve it by supporting a culture where talented people feel valued, self-managed, and love to come to work.
Agile Six is looking for a UX Designer to join a remote cross-functional Agile team supporting CDC efforts to build the next generation of pandemic reporting and data collection tools and infrastructure. Your initial project will be as part of a team supporting CDC efforts to improve laboratory test result reporting to state and local health departments and directly to the CDC. The stated mission of the project is to get better, faster, complete and accurate data to state and local public health departments so that they can take appropriate timely action. This project will be to build out additional features on a product that facilitates the stated mission in support of receivers (state and local public health, CDC) and submitters (labs, schools, hospitals, etc.).
- In collaboration with a lead researcher, participate in user research sessions and assist with planning, scheduling, note taking, and synthesis
- Create wireframes and prototypes in Figma based on product needs and user input
- Assist a cross-functional team in building and deploying accessible and responsive web interfaces from wireframes and prototypes
- Conduct follow-up usability testing and QA
- Always keep user needs at the forefront of work
- At least four (4) years of experience working as UX designer in collaboration with digital product teams (enterprise environment a plus)
- Experience with design systems and frameworks
- Portfolio illustrating your process and samples of native product design work driven by quantitative and qualitative user research
- Understands human centered design, interaction design fundamentals, and UI design best practices, including accessibility
- Proficient in Figma and/or other modern prototyping tools
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional partners and other designers, seeking and providing feedback in an Agile environment
- Is adaptive, empathetic, collaborative and holds a positive mindset
- Ability to be autonomous and can take initiative
- Has lived and worked in the United States for 3 of the last 5 years
- Able to pass a Government background check
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Experience working with government agencies, particularly the CDC
- Experience working on healthcare interoperability programs and products
- You are a U.S. Veteran
- Experience with the US Web Design System
Our benefits are designed to reinforce our core values of Wholeness, Self Management and Inclusion. The following benefits are all available to all employees, but you will be expected to largely manage them yourself. We respect that only you know what balance means for your life and season. While we offer support from coaches, we expect you to own your wholeness, show up for work whole, and go home to your family the same. You will be seen, heard and valued. We expect you to offer the same for your colleagues, be kind (not bossy), caring (not directive) and ready to participate in a state of flow. We mean it when we say “We build better by putting people first.”
All Sixers Enjoy:
- Self-managed work/life balance and flexibility
- Competitive and equitable salary (equal pay for equal work)
- Tenure-based profit sharing
- Employee Stock Ownership (ESOP) for all employees!
- 401K matching
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Employer paid short and long term disability insurance
- Employer paid life insurance
- Self-managed and generous paid time off
- Paid federal holidays and Election day off
- Paid parental leave
- Self-managed professional development budget
- Self-managed wellness days
The salary for this position is $112,686 – $118,465
Agile Six Applications, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
Note: We participate in E-Verify. Upon hire, we will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. This role is required to work from the contiguous United States.
If you need assistance or reasonable accommodation in applying for any of these positions, please reach out to email@example.com. We want to ensure you have the ability to apply for any position at Agile Six and are happy to assist with your application.
Please read and respond to the application questions carefully. Interviews are conducted on a rolling basis until the position has been filled.