MetroStar Systems is seeking a skilled UX Designer with a passion for human-centered design and the latest user experience best practices, tools, and user testing methodologies. Our team supports the design and development of a public-facing highly visible Drupal website for a federal government agency, supporting agriculture nationwide. Come be a game changer and join our team!
You're a great fit if you have…
- Ability to define, plan, develop, test, and collaborate with the design and dev teams in the execution and evolution of UX strategy and design, with an eye on continual improvements and future features.
- A portfolio creating modern responsive interfaces and information architectures for large-scale websites.
- Communication skills and confidence when presenting to, and educating, customers on your recommendations.
- Understanding of what is involved in mapping a user’s journey across touch points, road mapping long-term vision.
You'll love this opportunity if you have… (This is the stuff you MUST have to be a fit)
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of experience researching, planning, presenting, and executing transformative evidence-based experiences for web and digital solutions.
- Understanding of accessibility and 508-compliance standards.
- A portfolio of experience showing UX artifacts across research and architecture, including wireframing experience, and designing MVPs iteratively.
- Experience working with customers to assess and prioritize strategic opportunities in an Agile environment, explaining and justifying recommendations
- Proficiency with UX research tools, such as Optimal Workshop, for collection and analysis of user data; and HotJar for heatmap analysis and collecting survey feedback.
- Experience tracking data using Google Analytics, building custom analytics reports using Google Data Studio, reporting on findings and making data-driven recommendations.
- Experience using Google Search Console to make recommendations to improve content relevance and findability.
- Familiarity with reviewing designs using prototyping tools such as InVision and Sketch.
- Clearance/Security level: U.S. Citizenship required and successful completion of Public Trust background investigation.
We'll REALLY love you if you have… (This is the bonus stuff that makes you stand out)
- Human Factors certifications such as CUA, HCI
- Experience with supporting federal government clients
- Experience creating web pages and adding/editing content within Drupal or other Content Management System (CMS)
- Proficiency in Google Tag Manager to tag and track key user interactions on websites
- Experience using quality assurance tools like Siteimprove
- Experience with Qualtrics, or other feedback tools, for collecting and analyzing web survey data
- Familiarity with the Atlassian suite (JIRA) and supporting large-scale development efforts in an agile context
What your day will look like:
- Works with Design team toward overall vision for end users, planning for short- and long-term and continual improvements.
- Participates in daily scrum ceremonies, including DSU, Sprint Planning, Backlog Refinement, Retrospectives, etc.; along with team and customer meetings, as needed.
- Creates user testing strategies, conducts user testing, interprets results, and provides findings and recommendations to clients, resulting in evidence-based experiences for website end-users.
- Provides design process guidance and recommendations/strategies for overall site architecture, governance, and style guides to customers and stakeholders.
- Works with developers to ensure feasibility of designs and confirms design requirements with customers, prior to creating wireframes.
- Ensures designs meet 508-compliance standards prior to development.
- Conducts peer reviews, providing feedback prior to submitting to customer.
The Admin Stuff: In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
The Legal Stuff: MetroStar Systems is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of MetroStar Systems.