About Pocket Worlds
Our mission is to make the metaverse a reality and our vision is a decentralized virtual world built and owned by its citizens.
We have been working towards this mission for a decade. We are the creators of Highrise, the first virtual world on mobile, which has seen extraordinary growth over the last few years and now boasts over 20 million users across iOS and Android. Every day, the citizens of Highrise come together to hangout, explore, create, collect, and trade digital assets in our metaverse, and this has all flourished despite the constraints of Web 2.0.
This was only the first chapter in our story, and we are on the precipice of making history once again with Web3 and Highrise World.
About This Role
As a Unity Developer within the Game Engine Team, you will be responsible for designing and building the architecture of the next-gen game engine for Highrise. You will be taking what Highrise is today, with its 20 million users, to the next level by building the game engine that will bring our entire world to life.
Along the way, you and your team will also be designing and building the GameMaker tool for the community to craft new experiences and apply the full might of their imaginations.
This is a key role in our journey to build the metaverse. Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
This role is remote, as is the entire company, but applicants from North & South America, Canada are preferred.
As a Unity Developer, you will…:
- Solve a variety of unique technical challenges
- Have the independence, opportunity, and the end-to-end responsibility to design, build, test and deploy the next-gen game engine and world builder for Highrise
- Be a technical bar-raiser for high code quality, architectural designs, and long-term approaches
- Design systems and services that are scalable and resilient
- Collaborate with passionate, Engineers, Product Managers, and other Highrise team members, cross-functionally
To be successful in this role, we’d expect you to…:
- Exceptional C# design and programming skills with at least 3 years of software programming experience
- You must also have at least 3 years of experience in programming with the Unity engine
- Experience shipping software at a professional level
- Be able to work well in a remote development environment
- Be highly communicative and go out of your way to contribute to the team and help others
- Bonus points for experience with mobile app development with iOS or Android
- Bonus point for any side projects or games you’ve built outside of work
- Meaningful equity in an extremely fast-growing startup
- Company-sponsored medical and dental insurance
- Unlimited Vacation policy. Time off is important – we encourage you to take the time you need
- Education stipend. We deeply believe in learning and self-improvement. We’ve set aside a budget for every employee to learn additional skills and grow
- A Highrise Admin badge for your avatar