joinhandshake Remote US; San Francisco, CA; Denver, CO; New York NY; Seattle, WA; Chicago, IL; Los Angeles, CA; Austin, TX Full-time 2022-07-27
We are thrilled to announce Handshake’s $200M Series F funding round. At Handshake, we believe that a career opportunity shouldn’t be determined by who you know or what you’ve done. It’s about what you can – and will – do. Your future, not your past. Our Series F fundraise and new valuation of $3.5B will fuel our next phase of growth and propel our mission to help more people start, restart, and jumpstart their careers.
Handshake is the #1 place to launch a career with no connections, experience, or luck required. Handshake’s community includes 20 million students and young alumni around the world from 1,400 educational institutions, including four-year colleges, community colleges, boot camps, and 290+ minority-serving institutions. The platform connects up-and-coming talent with 650,000+ employers – from Fortune 500 companies like Google, Nike, and Target to thousands of public school districts, healthcare systems, nonprofits, and even sports teams like the LA Dodgers. Handshake is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Denver, New York, and London and teammates working globally.
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – we want you to apply. We believe skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
Handshake is looking to bring on a Trust and Safety Manager to lead our team of Trust and Safety Specialists. You’ll lead, mentor, and support the team and their growth and development while also supporting key initiatives both within the organization and within the team. You’ll play a key role in building scalable policies and processes while nurturing a fun, collaborative, inclusive culture. You’ll report to the Director of Trust and Safety, while also working closely with partners in Support Leadership, Product, and Engineering teams to improve operations, efficiency and quality; reduce volume and first response times; and contribute to an overall seamless user experience.
While the primary focus will be on supporting your team of Trust and Safety Specialists, you will also help research and create enforceable policies to ensure the safety and well being of our community. You’ll have the ability to help inform and shape our Trust and Safety vision to ensure we’re contributing to our mission and challenging ourselves to provide a best-in-class Trust and Safety experience.
- Assist in hiring, training, motivating, coaching, and empowering a hardworking, diverse team of Trust and Safety Specialists
- Assisting the team doing risk assessments and investigations
- Develop scalable policies and work with Training and/or ICs to operationalize those policies
- Drive OKRs and metrics at the team-level
- Advocate for tooling needs and improvements to ensure operational efficiency
- Contribute to training, onboarding, and enablement programs
- Influence the direction of Handshake by partnering with the Director of Trust and Safety on managing and participating in cross-functional projects with Support Leadership, Product, Engineering, and Finance/BizOps
- Utilize internal tools to manage issues between Support, Marketing, Product, Engineering, Customer Success, & other internal teams
- Maintain morale and high performance culture we have on the team
- In-depth experience in Trust and Safety (Fraud, Risk, User Safety, Content Moderation or similar)
- Experience managing a team of individual contributors in the Trust and Safety space
- Outstanding leadership skills
- Experience working in fraud, content moderation, or user safety.
- Ability to scope, research, draft, and launch scalable policies.
- Experience scaling teams across multiple workflows and various channels of support
- Experience with Support/Tech Tools: Previous experience using Zendesk, Jira or other SaaS support tools–preferably well-versed. Technical background is a plus!
- Travel: Willingness to potentially travel to SF and/or Denver to collaborate with Support, Finance/BizOps, Employer Premium Partnerships, Success, Product, and Engineering teams
Bonus Areas of Expertise:
- Experience or comfort working in a high-growth environment
- Experience working in the educational and/or recruiting industries
- Knowledge of Fraud prevention/detection tools
- Experience using Zendesk
- and Looker or Mode
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with Sift Science
- $99,979 – $130,300
At Handshake, we'll give you the tools to feel healthy, happy and secure.
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- Hub-Based Remote Work: Handshakers can enjoy the flexibility of remote work whilst ensuring in-person collaboration, and team experiences remain possible.
- Financial Management with Origin: We provide you with a professional financial planner via Origin to gain a better understanding of making the most of your compensation, equity, benefits, and perks.
- Paid Parental Leave: All new parents at Handshake (both birth and non-birth giving) are encouraged to take time to focus on their growing family and are eligible for paid family leave. US Handshakers are provided up to 16 weeks of paid family leave for birth-giving parents and 10 weeks for non-birth-giving parents.
- Mental Health Assistance: We are here to support you in every step of your mental health journey; our benefits include Employee Assistance Programs that offer counseling support for those eligible.
- Home Office Stipend: Handshake offers $500/£360 for you to spend on setting up a productive and comfortable workspace at home.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities and an annual $2,000/£1,500 stipend for you to grow your skills and career.
- Team Bonding: Regularly scheduled virtual company-wide and team events! Once it’s safe, we’ll provide meaningful connection points throughout the year for Handshakers to build community and meet teammates in person.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future. Launching Spring 2022, Handshake will offer a dollar-for-dollar match on 1% of deferred salary, up to a maximum of $1,200 per year.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies including LGTBQ+ Coverage.
- 2022 Time Off: All full-time US-based Handshakers are eligible for our flexible time off policy to get out and see the world. We also offer 8 standardized holidays, 2 additional days of flexible holiday time off, and 2 one-week periods of Collective Time Off (7/4-7/8/2022) and (12/26-12/30/2022).
- Pension: Handshake matches 3% of your salary towards your pension scheme.
- Healthcare: Handshake's comprehensive healthcare policy covers 100% of employee premiums & 100% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- 2022 Time Off: Up to 25 days of vacation to encourage people to reset, recharge, and refresh, in addition to 8 bank holidays throughout the year.
Interested in what Handshake’s San Francisco HQ is like when we’re together? Check out this video: