Xometry (NASDAQ: XMTR) powers the industries of today and tomorrow by connecting the people with big ideas to the manufacturers who can bring them to life. Xometry’s digital marketplace gives manufacturers the critical resources they need to grow their business while also making it easy for buyers at Fortune 1000 companies to tap into global manufacturing capacity.
Xometry has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Sales Engineer. We are shaking up the custom manufacturing industry by doing in seconds what typically takes days or even weeks. Our proprietary instant quoting technology and nationwide manufacturing network have allowed us to create an on-demand manufacturing service within the $60 billion custom parts industry.
The Sales Engineer serves as trusted advisors to prospects and customers by leveraging their technical expertise and business acumen to propose relevant solutions to real business problems. The Sales Engineer works in tandem with the Sales team to sell to our manufacturing processes across business units and markets in North America. The Sales Engineer anticipates and overcomes technical objections to grow and accelerate sales opportunities and provide the right solution to our customers.
In this role you will:
· Support Sales and to conduct discovery meetings to uncover business and technical requirements that map to Xometry solutions
· Consult with prospects and customers to identify appropriate applications of Xometry technology to define a business case and solution
· Demonstrate Xometry capabilities, including Xometry software quoting platform
· Support internal product, sales, and engineering teams by driving feedback and content for marketing collateral through case studies
· Support marketing efforts by serving as an industry thought leader at events and webinars
What we look for:
· Mechanically intuitive and knowledgeable about a range of manufacturing process for CNC Machining, ideally across multiple industries
· Just as comfortable in deep technical discussions with engineers and manufacturing professionals as they are presenting to varied audiences, including executives
· Consultative, making sure to ask questions to understand the why
· Experienced at preparing technical solutions for business proposals
· Driven and self-motivated with the ability to manage several long-term projects with minimal oversight in a fast-paced startup environment
· Have strong interpersonal skills
· Engineering degree (mechanical preferred), or related technical degree
· 3 to 7+ years’ experience in an engineering or technical field
· Demonstrated project management and presentation skills
· CAD experience
· Demonstrated expertise in some of the following areas: Manufacturing, new product development, materials, CNC Machining, Additive Manufacturing, Injection Molding + more
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including mastery in English
· Willingness to travel up to 40%
· Must be a citizen or legal resident of the United States, or hold a visa that allows you to work in the United States without sponsorship