In the words of Inc. Magazine, “Web Summit is the largest technology conference in the world”. Forbes says Web Summit is “the best tech conference on the planet”, Bloomberg calls it “Davos for geeks”, Politico “the Olympics of tech”, and the Guardian “Glastonbury for geeks”.
Whatever Web Summit is, it wouldn’t be possible without an incredible team of more than 240 employees, including world-class engineers, data scientists, designers, producers, marketers, salespeople and more.
We’ve disrupted an old industry by building incredible software and designing mind-blowing events. We’ve revolutionised how people come together in our world. We started with one event: Web Summit. But now we’re creating category-defining events all over the world, from Asia to North America.
About the team:
Web Summit Engineering consists of several cross-functional teams, working on tools and systems that help our attendees maximise their conference experience.
We’re looking for a Technical Program Manager to work closely on event software delivery for the business, including our offline and online events, and future business projects and bids.
What you will achieve:
- You’ll own and drive end to end software delivery tracking for our events.
- You’ll assess risk escalation of both internal and external events from preconception to running of an event.
- You’ll help execute project milestones, risks, contingency and coordination.
- You’ll work on bids/contracts/projects for the business, analysing past issues, and create sustainable learnings for future projects.
- You’ll assess customer requests, technical feasibility, timelines, backlog etc.
- You’ll work beside the VP of programme management, and support them in delivering programme success.
- You’ll work with diverse and mixed teams across the business, interacting with multiple stakeholders.
Skills we like to see:
- Good knowledge of project and program management methodology and techniques.
- 3+ years experience in a similar programme management role.
- Experience building a programme in the past of any size, highlighting team coordination, risk assessment, etc.
- A solid technical background is a must.
- Ability to work closely with a wide range of individuals involved in project execution
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills with internal stakeholders and customers. The ability to find innovative ways to resolve problems.
Perks and Benefits:
- Hybrid working model benefit open to all employees.
- Fully subsidised healthcare, dental, employee assistance programme(EAP) and more.
- A dedicated in house L&D department, with access to workshops, online learning and resources to help you excel in your career development.
- Company laptop, generous annual leave and flexible working arrangements.
- Our very own “Tramway team” who drive community and morale boosting events for employees to participate in.
- Annual company get togethers, company charity days and monthly wellbeing talks.