WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, hundreds of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 3 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Cross-Channel Campaign Management (Independent Platforms), Q3 2021, and was named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for the fourth consecutive year. The company has also been selected as one of Fortune’s Best Workplace for Millennials in 2021, and was ranked #20 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplaces in 2021. Braze is certified as a Great Place to Work in the UK and the U.S. and is recognized as one of the UK's Best Workplaces for Women.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We're looking for an experienced and operationally-minded Technical Program Manager (TPM) to join the Growth department at Braze.This role will focus on leading the coordination, execution and evolution of various business-critical workstreams and projects within the Revenue & Billing Optimization program portfolio.
Having gone through an IPO in late 2021, Braze is at a dynamic inflection point when it comes to how we are strategically evolving internal, external and partner-related Revenue & Billing processes, systems and functionality. There have also been related opportunities identified that could save the business substantial amounts of money if actioned upon with partners and internally.
With that in mind, this role is an amazing opportunity for someone looking to make an impact quickly with their program management and operational expertise among a cast of executive and departmental leaders that are highly involved with the day-to-day operations of Revenue & Billing and want to see an optimal outcome.
The GPSO Revenue & Billing Optimization program is focused on optimizing various system, process and data-related gaps across the business that are driving inefficient and/or inaccurate views & decision making related to the revenue & billing domain.
These gaps have a major impact to the business and our customers, including but not limited to:
- Braze potentially overpaying last-mile channel vendors vs. what we bill our customers
- Inability to provide accurate customer revenue recognition views & inputs to internal teams and audit partners
- Unclear/inaccurate view on the overall health of revenue generated vs. what we are billed for strategic pricing and vendor decision making
- Poor customer visibility and experience related to platform entitlements, channel allotments and overall billing landscape
With prioritization guidance from Growth leadership and program stakeholders, the TPM will focus on defining and moving fluidly from the strategic big picture to the execution details in order to deliver optimal cross-functional outcomes. Working with GPSO project managers, they will be responsible for program/project planning requirements with both internal partners (Growth Engineers, Data & Analytics, etc.) and cross-departmental stakeholders/project partners, and will be the responsible party ushering projects through the program lifecycle, all the way to measurement and results monitoring.
Responsibilities also include defining program/project success criteria, owning delivery schedules, identifying risks and clearly socializing goals to project stakeholders and the larger Braze audience. Projects within the TPM’s portfolio will require cross-team collaboration and it's the TPM’s job to:
(1) keep all the players coordinated on progress and deadlines
(2) break through communication issues
(3) effectively develop relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the organization
Finally, the ideal candidate will have significant technical program/project management experience and can wear many different hats while working with multiple stakeholders ranging from internal Braze clients to third-party partners. You should be great at communicating with both technical and non-technical stakeholders, breaking down complicated problems, developing hypotheses, and building to scale.
You should have examples of programs and projects that you’ve managed end-to-end from kickoff/requirements gathering to the finished product .
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop, refine, and manage value propositions and business cases for cross-functional programs and projects
- Collaborate to define core business objectives in order to deliver the best program/projects with the most efficient use of company resources
- Communicate and socialize program/project risks, progress, launches and retrospectives across all stakeholders and teams consistently and transparently
- Proactively remove obstacles to drive momentum and progress for resourced project managers
- Identify communication gaps, manage issue escalations and provide support to teams balancing competing priorities
- Establish and manage internal and external stakeholder expectations as it relates to your program and projects
- Deeply understand Braze internal processes, tools and technology environment in order to drive your initiatives effectively
WHO YOU ARE
Who will be successful as a Growth Technical Program Manager:
- An experienced builder, ideally within the SaaS or tech industry, with 6+ years of program/project management or operational experience
- You have strong communication, collaboration, organization, and persuasion skills, specifically in multi-matrixed organizations with competing priorities, and do not hold back among executive or departmental leadership
- Ability to understand, implement and evolve data-driven success criteria (KPIs, etc.) at the program and project level, then make strategic decisions/reccomendations to your program’s vision based on outcomes
- Experience with project management software, like Jira, Trello, or Asana
- Bonus if you have PMP or another project management certification
- You have a proactive, positive, can-do attitude. You drive projects to completion and are always looking for new ways that processes and products can be improved
- You have strong technical experience – you understand how distributed systems and mobile technology products work
- Experience with web-services like APIs (REST, SOAP, etc.), web authentication (OAuth, SSO, etc.), and web principles like JSON
- High level of intellectual curiosity. You see opportunity and growth in learning more about what you do and how it impacts others.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.