We’re Ookla, the company behind Speedtest, Downdetector, and an ever-expanding suite of connectivity tools. Our team is a group of people brought together through passion and inspired by possibility. We are looking for team members who enjoy solving complex problems, are motivated to challenge themselves, and are delighted with turning clever ideas into unique products.
Millions of tests are performed through our products and thousands of data points are collected globally every day. With all this usage comes countless ways to dissect and analyze our data, and plenty of exciting opportunities to optimize our monetization strategy. When you work for us, you are using Ookla data and insights to further our mission to improve connectivity for all.
We are looking for an innovative, hands-on, customer-focused Account Manager to work directly with our highest valued customers in the LATAM region, providing support as they use our products and services. As an Account Manager, you will partner with sales and other internal teams to ensure all customer needs are met. You will need to be exceptionally flexible and have a demonstrated ability to solve a wide range of complex technical and business challenges.
The ideal candidate will be located in the US with experience covering the LATAM region and possess an uncanny ability to multi-task and independently prioritize their time to maximize business and customer benefit. They will be able to interact effectively across a wide range of functional roles and problem spaces, and will possess tremendous attention to detail. They will be able to work in an extremely fast paced, highly ambiguous, rapidly evolving environment. The ideal candidate must be able to communicate effectively with technical and non technical groups across multiple geographies, and be able to develop strong customer relationships.
If you consider yourself to be a strong technologist that is motivated by opportunities to solve unique and challenging problems, if you have a strong desire to directly enable customer success, and if you want to work for a rapidly growing company that needs leaders instead of followers, this might be the place for you.
We are committed to providing you a flexible work environment where individuality, fun, and talent are all valued equally. If you consider yourself innovative, adept at collaboration, and you care deeply about the work you do, we want to talk!
Expectations For Success
- Act as the primary, dedicated point of contact for many of Ookla’s highest valued customers
- Actively develop and grow relationships across your customer’s business and technical organizations
- Educate, train, and support our clients to ensure optimum utilization of our product suite
- Act as the primary resolution function for any issues or questions raised by your customers
- Personally troubleshoot customer-facing business and technical issues, and drive issue escalation within Ookla as needed
- Engage with Director and C-Level executives in support of their business needs
- Partner internally with the sales team to periodically review account health and identify opportunities for future growth within your accounts, and assist with pre-sales activities
- Champion and advocate for customer requirements within Ookla (be their voice)
- Participate in customer requested meetings (onsite or via phone)
- Continually develop your own knowledge and application of new technologies to support and enable growth of our customers.
- Think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges as you help our customers take advantage of Ookla’s data products
We are looking for the right person, not the exact list of requirements. If you believe your life experience has prepared you for similar challenges, we’d like to hear from you.
- 5 - 10 years of enterprise-level, technology-related support or account management experience
- Exceptional customer focus and bias for action
- Experience supporting nascent products/services into new markets is strongly desired
- Adept at establishing and developing relationships across customer organizations
- Strong technical problem solving skills with a demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Experience with data analytics, including applications like Tableau, SQL and advanced Excel functions.
- Experience visualizing big data to demonstrate value and quality to customers
- Familiarity with internet, cellular and broadband technology and infrastructure
- At least some experience with RAN/RF
- Self-motivated with a track record of appropriate urgency and follow-through
- Strong verbal and written communications skills with both clients and internal audiences, able to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to speak and write both Spanish and English fluently. Portuguese language skills are a plus.
- Knowledge and expertise with Ookla’s product offerings, including our licensing, data, and awards, or experience with similar technology-based product offerings
- Ability to travel regularly to meet and connect with existing clients, and to attend Ookla corporate and team functions
- Strategic thinker with the ability to see/understand the big picture
- Global business experience a plus, with special focus on supporting the needs of an international customer base
- Technical Program or Project Management experience a plus
- B.A./B.S. degree or equivalent, Master’s degree or international business education a plus
We care deeply about each other and the work we do, and our perks are just one way we demonstrate this. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including (but not limited to):
- 401(k) matching
- Unlimited PTO
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan options
- Health/dental/vision insurance coverage
- Wellness benefits (Calm app, gym reimbursement, ERG groups, etc)
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP) (mental health, financial advice, legal guidance, and more)
- Maven Fertility options
- Pregnancy support
- Pet insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Disability coverage
You will have the best hardware, software, and tools available for you to do your work, and we provide excellent flexibility for working remotely as time and responsibilities allow. To promote your success and growth, we offer tuition reimbursement, educational opportunities, and anti-racism and LGBTQIA+ resource libraries, team activities, and many more. Visit our Built In Seattle page for even more information on what it’s like to work at Ookla.
If you’re passionate about joining the work we’re doing, we welcome your application and encourage applicants with both traditional and non-traditional experience that makes them an excellent candidate for the role. We strongly believe diversity of all kinds makes us better. We are an equal opportunity employer actively working to build an inclusive workforce at all levels of the company. [Read our latest diversity report from our parent company here.] Ookla is an equal opportunity employer, and qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We want to ensure candidates have everything they need throughout our application and hiring process. If you have any individual needs related to disability or accessibility, we encourage you to contact