Oddball believes that the best products are built when engineers understand and value the things they are working on. We value learning and growth and the ability to make a big impact at a small company. We believe that we can make big changes happen and improve the daily lives of millions of people by bringing quality software to the federal space.
Oddball is seeking an experienced leader to serve as Systems Architect within our Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) program..
What you'll be doing
As a leader on a major CMS modernization project, you will oversee major components of the modernization process taking a program that touches the lives of millions of Americans each week. This role will oversee both the modernization of several COBOL and mainframe systems as well as help transition our teams into an Agile environment. This role is a mix of architecture and hands-on engineering.
We are looking for someone with the following skill set:
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience involving with IT solutions
- Knowledge about medicare and claims and working in the CMS domain
- Experience with mainframes and legacy type systems
- In-depth understanding and experience with COBOL, data models and various strategies surrounding mainframe architecture
- Interact with senior level customers to present Oddball capabilities, build relations, introduce new technologies and present capabilities and opportunities for improvement
- Coach and mentor subject matter experts and other team members, offering strategic perspective and providing high level direction
- Familiarity with human-centered design and product management approaches and methods
Must be located in the US. This role may be required to obtain a low level government clearance.
This is a salaried role. Oddball does offer tech, and a continuing education stipend.
Oddball is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, religion, color, disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, veteran status or other legally protected characteristics. Any applicant with a mental or physical disability who requires an accommodation during the application process should contact an Oddball HR representative to request such an accommodation.