Are you looking for an opportunity to join a young startup and make an immediate and lasting impact as the company scales?
Learner is looking for a Student Experience Manager to help cultivate relationships with our clients and ensure our students are achieving success. This is a full-time, 100% remote, entry-level position. Learner is an online-only tutoring service focusing on providing the absolute best quality tutors at affordable rates. We are a small startup targeting triple digit growth over the next few years – join us to be part of the beginning of a world-class educational company.
As a Student Experience Manager, you’ll be responsible for working with clients who have purchased our services. You’ll be in charge of handling customer service issues, cross-selling, and renewing contracts. The Student Experience Manager works closely with all team members including our world-class tutors.
This is an entry-level, no experience necessary position! We are looking for energetic, motivated candidates with a passion for education. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of the needs of students and tutors from Kindergarten through College. The Student Experience Manager must be able to be calm, firm, and patient with clients, students, and tutors.
What You’ll Do:
- Perform check-in calls to all clients at various stages of their cycle.
- Handle all customer service issues that arise after purchase.
- Proactively audit accounts to ensure they are using the hours purchased.
- Contact clients who are running low on hours to renew.
- Cross-sell to current clients.
- Ask current clients for referrals & reviews.
- De-escalate situations and prevent refunds.
- Support the Academic Advisors & Success Team as needed.
- Guide students through our free trial process, helping them connect with our tutors.
- Build ongoing relationships with the tutors.
- Other responsibilities as required for the growth of the business.
Who You Are:
- You are empathetic, have high emotional intelligence, and passion for helping people achieve their educational goals.
- You are ambitious and would be excited to be responsible for driving revenue within a scrappy, growing startup. The idea of hitting targets motivates you!
- You’re a natural problem-solver and possess the ability to flexibly address changes rapidly and effectively. We are a fast-growing company and things are changing all the time!
- You are naturally curious. You seek out resources and ask questions.
- You’re coachable and open to feedback.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Background in education, tutoring and/or test prep is a plus but not required.
- Customer service experience preferred.
- General computer and communication skills – we use Google Suite, Zoom, ZenDesk, and a VOIP to connect with our customers.
- Familiarity with CRM operations (particularly the Zendesk suite) is a plus but not required.
- This position requires a home computer/laptop and high-speed internet.