Every developer has a tab open on Stack Overflow.
We are one of the most popular websites in the world – a community-based space focused on increasing productivity, decreasing cycle times, accelerating time to market, and protecting institutional knowledge.
Innovation is at the heart of everything we do. We embrace collaboration, transparency, and believe in leading with empathy; creating an environment where every Stacker knows they belong. We embrace that the unique contributions and points of view of all Stackers contribute to our success.
We are a Best Company to Work For, in addition to being recognized for Best Company Leadership, Best Company Happiness, Best Company Perks and Benefits, Best Company Work-Life Balance, Best Company Compensation, and Best Company Outlook.
We are a remote-first company with Hiring HUBs based in the US, Canada, UK, and Germany.
Timezone highly preferred: PST
As a Customer Success Manager (CSM) at Stack Overflow, you’ll work in tandem with multiple internal stakeholders to renew and grow business in our existing client base. The CSM can give strategic guidance and advice to customers of various sizes along various points of their customer journey. You want to be with a collaborative team where your experiences, effort, and ideas will matter. You’re relaxed yet professional, eloquent yet casual, and pleasant yet persuasive. Most importantly, you want to believe in the product you’re selling and take a personal interest in the growth of the organization.
What you’ll do:
- Strong awareness of the customer journey and how a Customer Success Manager serves to strategically advise customers toward agreed upon goals
- Be responsible for validating and championing the expansion and adoption growth within a book of business across customer profiles with various business needs
- Engage and meet with customers for Executive Reviews in order to develop a clear understanding of their needs, opportunities and possible solutions
- Coach and drive customers toward the maximum value application of Stack Overflow alongside their business needs on a defined timeline, promoting methodologies and business practices that create customer experts
- Maintain high levels of customer engagement and satisfaction with a focus on customer value & loyalty
- Identify common customer challenges amongst your CSM cohort and their books of business to help identify opportunities for enhanced product solutions
- Partner cross-functionally with Stack Overflow Account Executive, Product, Engineering and Marketing teams to continuously improve the customer experience
- Ability to craft internal and customer-facing assets
- Help drive customer references and case studies
What you’ll need to have:
- 5+ years of experience in a customer-facing customer success, account management, or strategic consulting role; enterprise software or SaaS experience is a preferred
- College degree (BA/BS) preferred
- Passion for building trust and communicating effectively with customers
- Proactive, curious-minded, and organized team player with innovative ideas to inspire customer engagement, loyalty, and adoption
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience building strong internal and external relationships
- Consistent track record of highly-professional customer service in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to prioritize and multitask while maintaining diplomacy, tact, and poise under pressure when working through customer issues
Nice to Have
- Experience with tools such as Salesforce and CS-centric tools is a plus
- Experience with a professional community management platform for a large technologically-focused user base. #LI-remote #LI-KS1
Compensation for this position will be based on experience; the base salary range for this role is between $130K to $145K + commissions.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Generous paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and unlimited sick days
- Equity (RSUs) for all employees at all levels
- Industry-leading health benefits that are applicable per country of residence for all our full-time employees
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Health & wellness stipend
- Home Internet stipend
- Professional allocation for your growth and development
- One-time allowance to assist with your home office setup
- Company-paid access to Calm, Bravely, LinkedIn Learning, MyAcademy and Overdrive
Stack Overflow is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We value diversity, inclusion, equity and belonging and these pillars are at the heart of how we work together here at Stack. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For individuals based in California, and other locations where required, we will consider employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.