Sonatype is the software supply chain management company. We’re on a mission to change how the world innovates by making software development easier. From running the world’s largest repository of Java open-source components (Maven Central) to inventing componentized software development and then software supply chain management to creating the only solution that stops malicious open-source malware in its tracks, we’re constantly leading the industry while helping thousands of customers manage open source every day.
Already used by 15 million developers, we have lofty goals for our technology to be in the hands of every engineering team. And we need you to do that. Join us!
Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
The Strategic Account Manager (SAM) runs key accounts as an overall account lead passionate about growing and strengthening Sonatype’s position in our largest, most strategic accounts through global consistency, dedicated programs, and executive sponsorship. The SAM accelerates and protects ARR growth by developing strong customer/account relationships, penetrating new business units and lines of business, rapidly growing our presence into new geos, selling Sonatype’s entire solution portfolio, and championing the ‘give / get’ relationship to provide value and drive renewals. This role is responsible for driving account-wide consistency (parent/subsidiaries/department/project) and coordinating account team resources to present one face to the customer.
** Ideal candidate has knowledge of devops/open source technologies and experience in both software sales and consulting.
What you will do:
- Planning and Coverage-
- Build and execute against a Sales Account plan that details potential ARR (account addressable market) across the account and it’s subsidiaries
- Ensures all members of the extended team participate in the creation and delivery against the Account Plan
- Prioritizes team activities and leads time appropriately
- Business Forecasting-
- Conduct regularly scheduled business reviews with internal extended team and external customer team (EBR)
- Maintain and communicate accurate sales forecast and effectively qualify risks in forecast and develop appropriate contingency plans to ensure forecast is met
- Management of Extended Team –
- Run commitments to the account, extended team, and management while remaining accountable for driving balanced business with consistent with Sonatype sales campaigns and business objectives
- Collaborate with Legal, Sales Ops, and Customer Success to negotiate and drive global agreements and global pricing strategies
- Owning the Account –
- Build the Sales Account plan with the support and collaboration of the extended team
- Assess strategies and vital adjust tactics through the use of the opportunity planning process
- Leverage Sonatype executives within the account
- Effectively lead and demonstrate cross-functional resources
- Establish clear communication processes and guidelines to ensure effective cross functional communication with customer
- Partnering –
- Assess coverage model and as required build partner plan to best cover account and ensure appropriate partner resources are mapped
- Customer Care –
- Lead campaign to build positive relationships with customers
- Proactively drive and own the resolution of customer problems
- Develop structured approach to ‘keep in touch’ with key contacts
- Deliver regular EBR’s to customer
- Advance issues and challenges appropriately, with clear and concise communication
- Critical Thinking –
- Articulate Sonatype’s and customer’s business and priorities to build deep connections with decision makers throughout multiple levels of the customers’ organization to drive purchase decisions and increase interaction and participation.
- Find opportunities to use existing relationships to drive expansions, illicit introductions to new customers, or aid in the development of new collateral.
- Reporting –
- Track and be prepared to report on key metrics (ARR, attainment, forecast accuracy, pipeline, etc.)
Who you are /Required Qualifications:
- Knowledge of –
- 10+ years of a combination of Consulting background and software/open source knowledge is required
- Salesforce or other Enterprise CRM system for recording sales activity, forecasting and opportunity management
- Sales Prospecting tools i.e. Linkedin Navigator, ZoomInfo, etc.
- Account planning
- Account Inspection
- Field Account Reviews
- Forecasting and reporting
- Strategic planning
- Tactical planning
- Skill In and experience in –
- Conducting internal and external account planning sessions with cross functional teams
- Crafting, progressing and closing Sales Opportunities in sophisticated Enterprise Accounts
- Creation and execution of Strategic account plans
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills, especially in ambiguity
- Ability To –
- Communicate clearly and efficiently
- Present to and collaborate with Sonatype and Customer/Account executive-level individuals
- Quickly understand a customer’s business, priorities, and struggles
- Track Record of over-achievement
What we are proud of:
- 2023 Forrester Leader in SCA
- #1 ranked SCA
- 2022 Frost & Sullivan Technology Innovation Leader Award: Sonatype earned Frost & Sullivan’s 2022 Global Technology Innovation Leadership Award in Development and Operations (DevOps) Security.
- NVTC 2022 Cyber Company of the Year: Sonatype was named Commercial Cyber Company of the Year and a Capital Cyber Award-winner by the Northern Virginia Technology Council (NVTC)
- 2022 Annual Peer Award: Sonatype’s Nexus Lifecycle won a PeerSpot Silver Peer Award as a leading Enterprise Technology solution in the Software Composition Analysis category.
- 2022 Best in Biz Award: Sonatype CEO Wayne Jackson was recognized as a Silver Winner in the Best in Biz Awards’ Executive of the Year category.
- Tech Ascension Awards: Sonatype was named the Best DevOps Security Solution for Nexus Lifecycle and Nexus Firewall (Software Composition Analysis).
- BuiltIn Best Places to Work: Sonatype was named to the Washington DC 100 Best Places to Work list and Washington DC Best Midsize Places to Work list.
- Company Wellness Week – We shut down company operations for a week to enable all employees to spend time pursuing personal growth and enjoying much needed and deserved rest.
- Diversity & Inclusion Working Groups
- Parental Leave Policy
- Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)