Are you ready to power the World’s connections?
Kong powers trillions of API transactions for leading organizations globally. Kong’s products make connecting APIs and microservices easier and faster than ever.
Kong is a Series D company backed by some of the world’s most respected VCs, including Index, CRV, and Andreessen Horowitz.
Why will you enjoy this new opportunity:
The Konnect is a SaaS platform that enables developers to manage APIs at scale. It empowers developers to efficiently publish, consume, secure, analyze, and manage APIs and services across modern and legacy applications on any cloud, platform, protocol, or architecture.
Kong is seeking an experienced Staff Product Manager to spearhead the billing service and cloud marketplace offerings. This role involves the pricing and packaging of Konnect offerings, launching Konnect in new Cloud Marketplace channels, and the billing service that supports different Konnect offerings.
Why should you want to work at Kong?
We are on a quest to build a $10b+ software company over the next few years and need YOUR help!
Why APIs Matter? APIs have been enabling innovation for decades!
Strong VC team, Series D, strong year-over-year revenue growth!
Technical Leadership – We are recognized as the leader in innovation in the connectivity space.
Marco, our CTO/co-founder – “We are the Cisco of L4 and L7” – CUBE Conversation, March 2021
We are the leading innovator in the connectivity space!
Amazing Team & Culture – Come be a “Konger” and find out what we mean.
Building Great Products – Learn why the world’s largest companies love our tech!
Over 250m+ downloads of our open-source API gateway! Over 60k+ stars on GitHub between Kong API and Kong Insomnia!
What you’ll bring:
- 6+ years of software product management experience, preferably with a strong background in SaaS and cloud-based products.
- Expertise in public cloud networking with platforms such as Azure, AWS, and GCP, demonstrating a deep understanding of cloud infrastructure, scalability, and security.
- Expertise in pricing and packaging of products and developing a billing service.
- Exceptional communication skills, capable of articulating complex technical concepts to a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Adaptability and agility in a fast-paced and evolving technology landscape, with a keen eye for emerging trends and technologies.
- Experience bringing zero-to-one products to the market including enterprise GTM, pricing & packaging, and hands-on enablement of technical & non-technical sales leadership.
What is leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
- The hiring manager for this role is Gabriella Angiolillo, Director of Product Management. The Konnect team is made up of individuals with diverse backgrounds who are excited about delivering a new SaaS offering to enable Kong’s customers to operate, scale, and manage APIs in today’s modern application world.
- If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but are still interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box – we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.