See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Staff, Mobile Engineer!
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to empower Twilio & Segment customers to instrument and analyze usage of their mobile applications. Segment standardizes and streamlines data infrastructure with a single platform that collects, unifies, and sends data to hundreds of business tools with the flip of a switch.
The Libraries team builds software that brings more than 2 Billion events at greater than 1 Million requests per second into Segment, from millions of devices, so that we can make rich data accessible to our customers. From startups to Fortune 100, businesses of all sizes rely on the Segment Platform to deliver data downstream into hundreds of streaming integrations and thousands of customer data warehouses. Instrumentation is the gateway to getting all data into Segment which enables us to deliver outstanding digital customer experiences.
In this role, you’ll:
- Architect platform-specific approaches to software Instrumentation and Enrichment, with a focus on Developer Experience
- Implement, review and release updates to high-performance Segment libraries, to support our existing customers as they look to aggregate and analyze data at scale
- Collaborate with product owners and engineers across Segment to build new experiences for our customers, while maintaining consistency across our service offerings
- Interact with and strengthen relationships with Segment’s open source community
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 7+ years of engineering experience writing mobile apps for one of these platforms: iOS (Swift or Objective-C), Android (Java or Kotlin), or React-Native.
- Understand mobile performance, energy, and architecture paradigms.
- Willingness to learn and grow your skill set in new libraries & languages.
- Experience with both Android and iOS platforms.
- Maintaining and contributing to open source projects.
- Experience with server-side technologies, including awareness of scalability and security
This role will be remotely open to USA and Canada
Approximately 5% travel is anticipated
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $160,080 – $200,100.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.