Join Tubi (www.tubi.tv), Fox Corporation's premium ad-supported video-on-demand (AVOD) streaming service leading the charge in making entertainment accessible to all. With over 200,000 movies and television shows, including a growing library of Tubi Originals, 200+ local and live news and sports channels, and 455 entertainment partners featuring content from every major Hollywood studio, Tubi gives entertainment fans an easy way to discover new content that is available completely free. Tubi's library has something for every member of our diverse audience, and we're committed to building a workforce that reflects that diversity. We're looking for great people who are creative thinkers, self-motivators, and impact-makers looking to help shape the future of streaming.
About the Role:
The Machine Learning team at Tubi works on core algorithms that define the entire experience of its 33+ million users. We work on different areas such as recommendations, search, content understanding and ads. We are searching for a talented and motivated Machine Learning Engineer to join our team to develop and improve our core search algorithms. In this role, you will take full ownership of tackling problems in Tubi’s search system, from algorithm research and development through prototyping, productionisation, and experimentation. You will work with a variety of machine learning algorithms, from traditional models to cutting-edge LLM technologies, to address relevant problems. You need a strong background in machine learning, hands-on development skills to tackle some of the challenges in a fast-paced dynamic environment, and the ability to collaborate well in a cross-functional setting. The tech stack you will be working with is Spark, Scala, and Python, including PyTorch.
- Design and build end-to-end machine learning models for search applications from analysis through production
- Conduct A/B tests to prove your ideas and share your learnings from the experiment results
- Collaborate with Product and backend engineering teams to ship high-impact features
- 4+ years of experience in machine learning engineering with production systems using Scala, Python, and Apache Spark
- Experience owning recommendation or search models
- MSc or PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Physics, or other technical field. PhD preferred
#LI-Remote # LI-MQ1
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is is listed annually below. This role is also eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, long-term incentive plan, and various benefits including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents.
Tubi is a division of Fox Corporation, and the FOX Employee Benefits summarized here, covers the majority of all US employee benefits. The following distinctions below outline the differences between the Tubi and FOX benefits:
- For US-based non-exempt Tubi employees, the FOX Employee Benefits summary accurately captures the Vacation and Sick Time.
- For all salaried/exempt employees, in lieu of the FOX Vacation policy, Tubi offers a Flexible Time off Policy to manage all personal matters.
- For all full-time, regular employees, in lieu of FOX Paid Parental Leave, Tubi offers a generous Parental Leave Program, which allows parents twelve (12) weeks of paid bonding leave within the first year of the birth, adoption, surrogacy, or foster placement of a child. This time is 100% paid through a combination of any applicable state, city, and federal leaves and wage-replacement programs in addition to contributions made by Tubi.
- For all full-time, regular employees, Tubi offers a monthly wellness reimbursement.
Tubi is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition, or disability. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.