As a Staff Software Engineer You Will:
Build the core experiences of both bank administrators and bank customers. The includes crafting streamlined user flows, building robust APIs, and integrating with third-party software like Plaid or Sendgrid.
- You love writing clean, thoroughly documented, and well-tested code, with an eye for long term viability and performance.
- You measure twice and code once when writing features, placing an emphasis on error-handling, logging, and edge cases for every service you write.
- You enjoy the challenge of breaking down complex product asks into elegant solutions.
- You are comfortable and experienced with system design, and not only have architectural opinions but are comfortable writing, speaking, and advocating for them.
- You approach architectural challenges not with answers but with questions, and from those questions decide upon the best approach, knowing that there is no best solution, only different sets of tradeoffs to be made.
- You enjoy providing technical guidance, suggestions, and code reviews for your teammates, using your knowledge to raise the bar of their work as well.
We Are Looking For:
- 10+ years professional experience writing backend services (NodeJS, Python, Ruby, or Golang)
- Experience with web front ends (React, Vue, Angular, etc.)
- Good understanding of Computer Science fundamentals / data structures / algorithms
- Well versed with REST APIs
- Well-versed in git, DevOps, & CI/CD
- Experience working in an agile SCRUM environment
- Well versed with domain driven design
- Well versed with Microservice architecture
- Well versed in designing distributed systems
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary ranging from $210,000 to $240,000 depending on overall experience and level.
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision insurance for employees
- Unlimited PTO
- Remote set-up allowance of $400
- Annual company retreats
- Creative and fun team-building events (improv, chocolate and wine tasting, happy hours)
- Mental health and wellness programs
- Stocked office fridge (yes, we have Spindrift)
- Remote or onsite flexibility.
- And more!
Who is MANTL?
MANTL is a fast-growing NYC-based FinTech SaaS company on a mission to build technology that will help America’s financial institutions and their communities thrive. Think Shopify, but purpose-built for community banks and credit unions. Our modern banking software helps level the playing field for smaller banks and credit unions by enabling them to grow digitally.
Our deposit origination platform is widely considered best-in-class in our industry, showing clear and material performance beyond any of our competitors. Check out what our CEO has to say about MANTL’s impact here.
Our investors include CapitalG, Point72, ClockWork, and BoxGroup.
The MANTL Culture
Joining MANTL means joining an ambitious and exceptional team that solves complex problems every day.
People are our most important asset and the top reason we love working at MANTL. We're a group of passionate technologists who support an accountable, transparent, and collaborative culture that fosters productive and engaging discussions. We want to work with inclusive people who understand the importance of treating their colleagues exceptionally well. We’re always a work in progress — and we’re proud to be named one of Crain’s 100 Best Places to Work in New York City for two years running.
MANTL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.