This is a remote position.
Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. Our teams use modern, agile methods to meet the needs of our users while closing the gap between consumer expectations and government.
Work on things that matter
Our teams connect Veterans with services designed for their needs, help millions of people access affordable health care, and support important programs like Head Start. As we work with agencies to deliver critical services, we’re also changing how the government thinks about and uses technology.
Built for a remote life
Ad Hoc is remote-first and remote-always. We’ve designed our culture, communications, and tools to support a nationwide team. Being remote allows Ad Hoc to bring the best people onto our teams and give them the freedom to create a work environment that fits their lives. Maybe you need to adjust your schedule to care for your family or take a bike ride. At Ad Hoc, that’s welcomed.
Committed to high expectations and a welcoming culture
Ad Hoc values acceptance, accountability, and humility. We aren’t heroes. We leave our egos at the door to learn from our mistakes and improve the process for the next time.. We build small, inclusive teams to bring the best of consumer technology to the problems of government.
The Veterans Affairs business unit helps transform the VA into a modern digital services organization where Veteran outcomes are at the center of every effort. We partner with the VA to design and deliver seamless user experiences for Veterans, their families and caregivers, and VA employees. By applying better practices in service design, product management, and technology, we enable VA to increase the usage, quality, and reliability of services and decrease the time Veterans spend waiting for outcomes.
In this role, you will serve as an emerging subject matter expert, while serving as an individual contributor that exhibits a high level of trust, autonomy and empowerment. With minimal oversight from leadership, you will be responsible for leading and monitoring the ability to meet scope, schedule and delivery requirements and may support adjacent programs within the business unit. A Staff Designer exhibits strong influential skills to represent the design practice in planning sessions, advocating for the best design solution, while communicating tradeoffs. You will serve as the primary lead and proactively communicate with stakeholders; while utilizing strong influential skills to drive improvements in design processes and practices. Primary expectations of a Staff Designer include:
- Plans and facilitates collaboration, building strong relationships across disciplines, stakeholders, customers, business partners and is able to synthesize multiple inputs into a cohesive approach and obtain buy-in
- Strong influential skills to garner consensus among stakeholders, leadership, programs, and practice teams
- Primarily supports a program/portfolio, but may support business unit initiatives in order to drive thought leadership among practice and delivery
- Serves as a mentor to individuals within the assigned business unit or program, providing constructive feedback to support employee development and practice innovations
- Presents to a wide variety of audiences, inclusive of internal and external leadership
- Experienced individual contributor that proactively meets deadlines, but also provides recommendations for process improvements or practice innovations
- Applies a range of design methods and approaches to distill undefined, blurry problems into cohesive research questions and directions for multiple delivery teams
- Prioritizes and leads design projects from beginning to end for multiple delivery teams
- Contributes to planning, conducting and synthesizing design principles
- Expertly facilitates interactions towards course correction when goals are misaligned
- Demonstrates the ability to coach and mentor designers, with a focus on providing actionable feedback that helps individuals grow within the research discipline
- Participates in grading candidate homework and participating in panel interviews
- Ability to identify risks and communicate to leadership; provides recommendations to mitigate identified risks
- Internal Requirement: Bachelor’s degree and 9+ years of experience
- Prior experience serving as a mentor to junior and senior level team members
- Extensive experience with design principles and relevant technologies, understands roles with which they interact and how their work impacts business goals
- Experience with design software such as Figma, Miro, Adobe or other designer tools
- Technically curious and will thrive designing for Software Developers
- Strong product/UX strategist – a background in content design/strategy would be an added plus
- Strong collaborator / great communication skills
Ad Hoc job descriptions feature the starting range we reasonably expect to pay to candidates who would join our team with little to no need for training on the responsibilities we've outlined above. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide range of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and responsibility. The range of starting pay for this role is $130,000 – $140,000 and information on benefits offered is here. Our recruiters will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirements.
Job Reference: 2227
To learn more about working at Ad Hoc, please visit: https://adhocteam.us/join/