Okta is the leading independent provider of enterprise identity. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 7,950 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, and Teach for America.
The Developer Platform team is responsible for providing features that enable developers and IT administrators to customize the Okta platform for their unique applications. Every developer knows that 3rd party tools are great, but you need to customize them to meet the strict branding and experience requirements for your applications and services. The Developer Platform team makes this possible by building features into the Okta platform that facilitate the customization and integration of the vast array of applications and use cases that our customers bring to our platform.
The person we’re looking for will share our passion for elegant solutions and will join an engineering team that strongly believes in designing for scale, rigorous code reviews, automated testing, and an iterative process to build high-quality software.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and implement core, high-performance, scalable software components and microservices.
- Work with management and architects to scope and plan engineering efforts and dependencies
- Participate in code reviews, retros, and other continuous improvement activities
- Deliver with quality through unit testing, automation framework contributions, and design and code reviews
- Help build a great team through on-boarding support, mentorship of more junior engineers, and interviewing
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 6+ years of software development experience building highly reliable, mission-critical software using Java, C#, or similar languages
- Experience with public API development, support, and documentation
- Experience shipping back-end code for production-grade applications in an agile, product oriented environment
- Experience working with cloud systems at scale
- Understanding of web security attacks and prevention
Nice to Haves:
- Knowledge of Identity and Access Management protocols and technologies: OAuth, OpenID Connect, SAML, Federation, SSO, etc.
- Experience with MySQL
Education and Training:
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, or relevant industry experience