Cohere Health is simplifying healthcare for patients, their doctors, and all those who are important in a patient’s healthcare experience, both in and out of the doctor’s office. Founded in August 2019, we are obsessed with eliminating wasteful friction patients and doctors experience in areas that have nothing to do with health and treatment, particularly for diagnoses that require expensive procedures or medications. To that end, we build software and supporting services that are expressly designed to ensure the appropriate plan of care is understood and expeditiously approved, so that patients and doctors can focus on health, rather than payment or administrative hassles.
In this role, you will play an integral part of the finance team. This position will report to the senior accountant and broadly to the Head of Finance and will have frequent interaction and coordination with all teams to ensure appropriate accounting treatment and classification. You will drive accounting functions, including assisting with general ledger accounting and reporting, preparing and reviewing journal entries and account reconciliations, technical accounting analysis, tax support, and contract management.
Last but not least: People who succeed here are empathetic teammates who are candid, kind, caring, and embody our core values and principles. We believe that diverse, inclusive teams make the most impactful work. Cohere is deeply invested in ensuring that we have a supportive, growth-oriented environment that works for everyone.
What you will do:
- Calculate and process month-end journal entries
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations and resolve any discrepancies
- Manage company credit card program
- Process employee expense reimbursements
- Pay vendor invoices, ensuring proper documentation and authorization are received
- Contribute to daily cash flow management and analysis to determine cash liquidity needs
- Prepare and submit all necessary paperwork for payroll tax deductions, benefits and garnishments
- Responsible for timely and accurate billing and cash receipt processing of customer payments
- Provide accounting support to external auditors and assist senior staff during year-end review
- Other general ad hoc accounting projects and month-end close work as assigned
Your background & requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting with a demonstrated high level of academic success
- 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Public accounting experience and/or CPA strongly desired
- Experience with NetSuite a plus
- Intermediate level knowledge of all accounting functions and related internal controls
- Highly skilled in using Microsoft Excel
- Organized, productive and detail oriented
- Ability to meet designated deadlines and manage multiple projects to completion Flexibility to work well in a high-growth environment
- Able to function independently in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple priorities
- Customer oriented with a track record of providing value to internal customers
- Exercises superior judgment, discretion, interpersonal skills and communication skills to effectively work and communicate on sensitive and confidential issues
We can’t wait to learn more about you and meet you at Cohere Health!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Cohere Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. To us, it’s personal.
The salary range for this position is $70,000 to $85,000 annually; as part of a total benefits package which includes health insurance, 401k and bonus. In accordance with state applicable laws, Cohere is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. Individual pay decisions are ultimately based on a number of factors, including but not limited to qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, and internal alignment.