As a Senior UX Content Designer at Smartsheet, you’ll lead initiatives that enable cross-functional teams to create and manage user-centric content in our product experiences. You’ll spend equal amounts of time developing content strategies for teams to adopt and leading initiatives that advance our content design practice.
You’ll focus on a new initiative involving nearly every functional group and team at Smartsheet that’ll directly impact our business. The opportunity requires a proactive and organized leader who can juggle multiple partners and adapt quickly to changing priorities and requirements.
You’ll join a small Content Design team in a multidisciplinary UX organization that also includes research and product design, and will report to a Sr. Manager of Content Design.
- Lead development and adoption of content strategies for 1-2 product experience areas of focus.
- Develop frameworks, guidelines, and other methods to advance content design skills across our Product, UX, and Engineering teams.
- Enhance processes and methods that emphasize reusability and accessibility of content.
- Progress our vision to increase the impact of the content design practice at Smartsheet.
- Lead research and alignment on terminology and naming with stakeholders to ensure decisions are consistent and connected across the platform.
- Influence stakeholders and partners across a range of levels and functional teams about your point of view, recommendations or ideas.
- Ensure content meets a high quality standard by:
- Communicating effective critiques to peers, teams, and leadership audiences.
- Training teams on content creation and management best practices, tools, and strategies.
- Championing user-centric content principles in ways that impact our broader organization of Product, UX, Engineering, and Marketing.
- Lead content improvements in your focus area that are informed by research and data.
- Drive methods and standards to measure content.
- Identify content design problems and actively propose and drive solutions for them.
- Champion UX principles across the Product, UX, and Engineering organization.
- Stay up-to-date on AI technologies and other emerging technologies to make content design more efficient.
- Be knowledgeable about patterns and trends in the collaborative work management industry to inform content strategies.
- 7+ years of experience in Content Strategy, Content Design, or related practice.
- 7+ years of industry experience in a software development organization.
- Advanced leadership and communication skills for different audience levels (e.g. executive, senior director, peer, junior designer).
- A portfolio showing a demonstrated impact across a cross-functional organization.
- Intermediate Figma proficiency.
- Experience in Data Analytics Tools (ThoughtSpot, Amplitude, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge in human-centered design methods.
- Experienced in agile-like product development environments.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent practical experience.
Perks & Benefits:
- HSA, 100% employer-paid premiums, or buy-up medical/vision and dental coverage options for full-time employees
- Equity – Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) for eligible roles
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- US employees are automatically covered under Smartsheet-sponsored life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability plans
- US employees receive 12 paid holidays per year
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Smartsheet provides a competitive base salary range for roles that may be hired in different geographic areas we are licensed to operate our business from. Actual compensation is determined by several factors including, but not limited to, level of professional, educational experience, skills, and specific candidate location. In addition, this role will be eligible for a market competitive incentive opportunity and some roles may be eligible for a RSU stock grant upon accepted offer.
California & New York: $162,000 to $226,800
All other US States: $150,000 to $210,000
Get to Know Us:
At Smartsheet, we’ve created a place where everyone is welcome — people from all over the world, all backgrounds, all ages, all colors, and all beliefs working side by side. Here, everyone can make a difference and empower others to do the same. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we empower everyone, everywhere to change the way the world works—join us
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, Australia, Japan, Costa Rica, and Germany. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.