Position Title: Sr. Specialist, Costpoint/Cognos Reporting
Location: Arlington, VA or Little Rock, AR (Hybrid) or Remote, within the U.S.
Department: Information and Communications Technology (ICT)
The main responsibilities for the Sr. Specialist, Costpoint/Cognos Reporting will include Deltek report management and development. The Sr. Specialist, Costpoint/Cognos Reporting works in conjunction with the ERP Data Architect, the technology and Finance teams to develop and support reports through Deltek CER and Deltek BI. This position is responsible for end-to-end report development including interaction with end users to gather requirements, understanding report objectives, defining design, and developing dashboards, reports and documentation using Deltek CER and BI and delivering reports to end users. The position requires strong understanding of the Accounting and Costpoint back-end table structure to successfully design and build reports to business specifications. The position includes training end users on report writing and accessing their data. The Sr. Specialist, Costpoint/Cognos Reporting supports both standardized and customized reports, queries, and portal lists. The position reports to Sr. Director, ICT Corporate Services.
The ideal candidate should have excellent business analytical, process optimization and technical thinking skills. He/she should be a highly organized person with experience or the ability to lead and manage the report development process for Costpoint data consumers. Should be experienced in working with remote & international teams and respectful of different cultures.
- Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) across the organization for Deltek Costpoint reports, queries, analysis, and dashboards.
- Work closely with the key business stakeholders, IT, and the user community to enable meaningful access to data from the Costpoint application.
- Examine & evaluate purpose & content of the existing business reports in different systems and develop their respective Deltek Costpoint reports or create a new one.
- Maintain knowledge of business processes, application design and understand cross-functional business relationships and their use of information.
- Lead the development of business and functional requirements.
- Design, develop, test, and implement Deltek Costpoint reports as necessary to fulfill business requirements.
- Develop ad-hoc reports.
- Design & optimize test plans for unit, integration & user acceptance tests for new or optimized reports created in Deltek Costpoint CER and BI.
- Create & maintain reports documentation including origin & report flow, format, frequency, distribution & purpose of report and recommend improvements related to the format, use & control.
- Identify, communicate & resolve issues related to Deltek Costpoint reports while maintaining an established service level
- Provide and facilitate training to Deltek Costpoint CER and BI to users and develop training materials.
- Work with the Company’s IT department in configuring and maintaining Deltek Costpoint Enterprise Reporting application.
- Collaborate with the ICT Department to Integrate Deltek data with other applications as required to meet end-user needs. Maintain effective working relationships with business departments.
- Other activities related to the role as required by the manager.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required. CPA preferred.
Experience: Minimum 5 years experience in accounting experience or experience building reports. Previous experience with Deltek Costpoint 8.1.x. Deltek BI and Cognos required. Previous experience with Deltek Costpoint CER (Costpoint Enterprise Reporting) report development.
- Experience with IBM Cognos Analytics
- Experience with Power BI is a plus
- Experienced with all aspects of Microsoft Office products
- Writing and troubleshooting SQL a plus
- Experience working with business users to translate requirements into solution and explaining the solution in business terms
- Excellent analytical skills for troubleshooting and issue investigations
- Ability to lead and manage the report development process for Costpoint data consumers.
Communication Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills that allow successful interaction with all areas of the organization.
Language: Excellent communicate written and oral in English. Second language a plus.
Required Travel: Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed. Estimated 1-3 weeks annually (post Covid), although this estimate could change.
Position Specific Skills:
- Flexibility and sensitivity to detail and deadlines in a multitasking environment
- Excellent presentation skills to small group of audience
- Demonstrates initiative (e.g., in starting tasks, asking questions, identifying and discussing problems
- Works independently and proactively with minimal direction-supervision
Note: This position is not currently eligible for sponsorship.
As a condition of employment at Winrock, all US-based Winrock staff, regardless of location or project, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or must obtain a disability or religious accommodation from Winrock.
Winrock offers competitive pay and an excellent benefits package.
Winrock is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and value diversity and inclusiveness. Winrock recruits, employs, trains, promotes and compensates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law.
At Winrock we have a clear mission: Empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity and sustain natural resources through unwavering dedication to accountability, equity, innovation, integrity and transformation.
Winrock knows that its success comes from the hard work and steadfast dedication of its diverse workforce. Winrock remains committed to maintaining diversity, inclusion and equity across the entire organization