Build the future of data. Join the Snowflake team.
We are looking for a Senior Solutions Architect to be part of our Professional Services team to deploy cloud products and services for our customers. This person must be a hands-on, self-starter who loves solving innovative problems in a fast-paced, agile environment. The ideal candidate will have the insight to connect a specific business problem and Snowflake’s solution and communicate that connection and vision to various technical and executive audiences.
The person we’re looking for shares our passion for reinventing the data platform and thrives in a dynamic environment. That means having the flexibility and willingness to jump in and get it done to make Snowflake and our customers successful. It means keeping up to date on the ever-evolving data and analytics technologies, and working collaboratively with a broad range of people inside and outside the company to be an authoritative resource for Snowflake and its customers.
In this position, the successful candidate will work with clients who may speak English or French, and will report to a manager that does not speak French. Therefore, candidates are expected to have a functional knowledge of English in order to be able to communicate with those clients who only speak English and with their manager.
AS A SENIOR SOLUTIONS ARCHITECT AT SNOWFLAKE, YOU WILL :
- Present Snowflake technology and vision to executives and technical contributors to customers.
- Position yourself as a Trusted Advisor to key customer stakeholders with a focus on achieving their desired Business Outcomes.
- Drive project teams towards common goals of accelerating the adoption of Snowflake solutions.
- Demonstrate and communicate the value of Snowflake technology throughout the engagement, from demo to proof of concept to running workshops, design sessions and implementation with customers and stakeholders.
- Create repeatable processes and documentation as a result of customer engagement.
- Collaborate on and create Industry based solutions that are relevant to other customers in order to drive more value out of Snowflake.
- Follow best practices, including ensuring knowledge transfer so that customers are correctly enabled and can extend the capabilities of Snowflake on their own.
- Maintain a deep understanding of competitive and complementary technologies and vendors and how to position Snowflake in relation to them.
OUR IDEAL SOLUTIONS ARCHITECT WILL HAVE :
- University degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or related fields, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a solutions architect, data architect, database administrator, or data engineer.
- Understanding of complete data analytics stack and workflow, from ETL to data platform design to BI and analytics tools
- Hands-on experience in a technical role (SQL, data warehousing, cloud data, analytics, or ML/AI)
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with large-scale database technology (e.g. Snowflake, Netezza, Exadata, Teradata, Greenplum, etc.)
- Software development experience with Python, Java , Spark and other Scripting languages
- Proficiency in implementing data security measures, access controls, and design within the Snowflake platform.
- Internal and/or external consulting experience.
- Deep collaboration with Account Executives and Sales Engineers on account strategy.
BONUS POINTS FOR THE FOLLOWING :
- 1+ years of practical Snowflake experience
- Big 5 Consulting experience
- Experience with non-relational platforms and tools for large-scale data processing (e.g. Hadoop, HBase)
- Familiarity and experience with common BI and data exploration tools (e.g. Microstrategy, Looker, Tableau)
- OLAP Data modeling and data architecture experience
- Experience and understanding of large-scale infrastructure-as-a-service platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, GCP, etc.)
- Expertise in a core vertical such as Financial Services, Retail, Media & Entertainment, Healthcare, Life-Sciences etc.
- Language skills in English and French, both written and verbal