platformscience San Diego, CA or Remote + 5% travel to San Diego headquarters for business reasons Full-time 2024-01-31
Who We Are
At Platform Science, we’re working to connect everything that moves.
Founded in 2015, we are an open IoT platform that partners with innovative fleets, application developers, vehicle manufacturers, and equipment providers in the transportation industry to deliver revolutionary solutions to supply chain professionals across the globe.
Our employees are an engaging, diverse group of people who believe in the power of great ideas. We hire people with different experiences and perspectives to build a company culture that fuels growth through innovation.
We value thoughtful actions and empathy for others. We approach challenges with resiliency and creativity, while encouraging transparency because, no matter our backgrounds or responsibilities, we are one team.
About the Role
We are looking for a qualified Senior Full-Stack Software Development Engineer to join our Compliance team in San Diego, CA (or remote). As part of the Compliance team, you will be responsible for applications managing the information flow and product growth of our driver applications and back-office portal, creating a seamless experience. In this role, you will focus on delivering software for our industry-leading Compliance solution, unifying the data derived from driver activity with back office insights, streamlining customer experience as we expand into other verticals.
Our stack is wide, diverse, and evolving. As a Senior Software Development Engineer, you are eager to take on multiple languages, frameworks, and contribute to future architecture decisions. You are versed in Agile/Scrum methodologies and are comfortable with giving and taking technical direction.
Our primary business logic is currently PHP (Laravel) but transitioning to Node and Typescript services while our web front ends utilize Vue. Finally, many of our APIs interact with Android clients so any mobile development you have is a plus.
- 5+ years experience working in full stack development
- Experience with MySQL or Postgres
- API Design and Integration experience (REST/GQL)
- Database design experience, with understanding of various ORMs such as Eloquent
- Containerized application development experience (Docker)
- A solid portfolio of experience building web services/APIs for mobile or other server side applications
- Good technical foundation with ability to pick up new skills and adapt quickly
- Desire to learn new technologies while supporting existing
- A commitment to software craftsmanship and things like unit testing, code review, design patterns, etc
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Vue.js and Typescript Experience
- PHP and Laravel Experience
- Elasticsearch and Kibana
- Cloud native development in to AWS
- System Architecture Design
- Big Data
- BI Tool experience (Looker/Tableau)
- Microservice architecture experience
- Kubernetes experience
- IaC experience (Terraform/CloudFormation)
Platform Science Benefits Highlights
The company offers various benefits to regular, full-time employees including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurances
- AD&D and life insurance
- 401k plan
- Paid vacation, sick leave and holidays
- Six weeks of paid parental leave
For more information please see the Benefits Highlights brochure for regular, full-time employees.
In addition, you can access the Benefit Highlights brochure for regular, full-time employees by copying and pasting the link into your browser: https://www.platformscience.com/benefits.
This is an exempt role. Our job titles for each posting may span across more than one job level. The estimated base salary for this role is between $145,292 to $183,020. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target range for new hire base salaries across all US locations. Compensation packages are based on many factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, work experience, relevant trainings and certifications, business needs, market demands and specific geographical location. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, and benefits.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
At this time we only consider candidates in these states: AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, IL, KY, MA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NC, NH, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. In the future we plan to add more states.