Our Value Proposition: Clearcover is a venture-backed technology start-up disrupting the trillion dollar legacy insurance market. We’ve focused on building products that create confident, happy customers – and we’re flourishing. We believe in putting our people first, paying them well and working together to solve tough problems. If you’d like a high-growth opportunity with an award-winning company, let’s chat.
As a Quality Engineer, you will work with the Product and Engineering teams to deeply understand our technical products, business requirements and ensure they are being built with the highest quality.
What will you do?
- Collaborate closely with the Product and Engineering teams to understand and test our products
- Guide the team in defining and refining user stories with clear acceptance criteria
- Plan and implement testing strategies for new and existing features
- Bolster and improve existing test suites to increase deployment confidence and speed
- Execute functional and non-functional tests including exploratory testing
- Review and improve our tests and coverage for our products
- Research, implement and Improve testing tools and processes for your teams
- Analyze defects to determine how to improve our development process
- Work with their teams to perform root cause analysis, identify trends and corrective actions
- Proactively assess, prevent and communicate risks
What do you have?
- 5+ years of experience testing modern web applications in an agile environment
- 5+ years of experience testing APIs, both manually and programmatically
- Expertise in using business requirements to define test cases and testing activities from concept through implementation and deployment
- Experience in planning, organizing and implementing test data for our testing needs
- Experience in developing and maintaining automated test suites using open source frameworks
- Experience with scripting and/or object oriented languages like Ruby, Kotlin, Java etc.
- Experience with version control and CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Codeship etc.
- An instinct and understanding of where software might fail, and how to track down failures at various layers of an application stack
- Curiosity, attention to detail, customer focused mindset and passion for delivering business value through testing in a timely manner
- Excellent prioritization skills with an ability to multi-task and clear, concise communication
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or relevant work experience
Nice to haves:
- Ability to review unit and integration tests and use the information to balance holistic testing coverage and activities
- Experience working with integration and contract testing tools and frameworks such as PACT, Wiremock etc.
- Experience working with developer centric testing and monitoring tools such as Optimizely, DataDog etc.
But wait, there’s more: As a people-first company, your health and well-being is a priority at Clearcover. While we do offer medical (and cover the vast majority of the premium), dental, vision (and cover 100% of those premiums) and 401K (we contribute 3% even if you contribute nothing), we’ve curated a stack of perks and benefits that stretch beyond the expected. With over half of our employees remote to the Chicago HQ office, we paved the way for flexible work locations and continue to offer this flexibility. Our people also have access to unlimited vacation, monthly mental health workshops, discounted gym memberships, equity in the company and an annual bonus program. Plus, if Clearcover is available in your state, you could have access to an employee discount on auto-insurance! Excited to learn more? Complete the application below!
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.