Senior Program Associate, Counter Trafficking in Persons and New Business
Position Overview: The Senior Program Associate will provide a variety of support efforts for projects within Winrock’s portfolio, especially for projects related to combatting trafficking in persons and safe migration. This position will support at least one counter-trafficking project and contribute extensively to new business efforts in the sector by taking on different proposal support roles for the Human Rights, Education and Empowerment (HREE) unit. The Senior Program Associate will work closely with project-based staff, provide project-backstopping operational support, and support other home office tasks as delegated by the Project Manager.
Project Management Responsibilities
- Support home office management and administrative oversight of international projects, including contracts, cooperative agreements, and grants.
- Oversee and report on work of subawardees and consultants, including technical and financial performance.
- Support the preparation of project deliverables, including writing, editing, formatting, and producing quarterly and technical project reports.
- Track budgets, obligations, and subawards, and flag issues for in-country and home office manager.
- Liaise with home office support units to provide solutions and guidance to project team.
- Travel to visit project offices to conduct training, oversight, monitoring, and relationship building.
- Review Field Office Vouchers and Wire Requests and provide feedback to Project Director and project finance staff.
- Develop, share, and provide training on project tracking tools for use by other HREE staff and projects, as requested.
- Represent Winrock at external events, nationally and internationally.
Business Development Role
- Support HREE NBD and proposal efforts with a large variety of donors and foundations
- Work with NBD and senior managers to identify business opportunities, develop business resourcing plans, and monitor specific upcoming project opportunities.
- Serve major and minor roles on proposals and program development, working with multi-disciplinary teams from the programs, new business, and cost and pricing units.
- Develop and maintain close communications with host country organizations, in-country project personnel, and subawardees to strengthen strategic partnership networks and monitor program implementation, outcomes, and compliance with donor regulations.
- Represent PAs at HREE management team meetings as assigned, as well as HREE more broadly on Winrock wide initiatives, as requested.
- Work with designated project staff to provide training on specific topics for onboarding and orientation.
- Serve as a coach and mentor to incoming Program Associates and other home office staff, providing training on and promoting standardization of Winrock’s systems and procedures.
- Provide direct supervision of interns as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in international development, or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in international development, home office management, financial oversight, and compliance for U.S. government-funded projects, particularly USAID required. Additional years of experience preferred.
- Demonstrated success in supporting new business efforts related to cost or technical volumes, especially with USAID and US Department of State preferred.
- Experience training project staff and coaching and mentoring junior staff.
- International experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with education, child labor, trafficking in persons, youth programming or gender preferred.
Computer/Technical Skills: Effective use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Teams, etc.) and other technologies essential to doing business.
Communication Skills: Excellent written and oral communication skills for project management, donor and partner relations, and new business development.
- Fluent English is required.
- Professional competency reading, writing, and speaking in another language desired.
Required Travel: Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed.
- Demonstrated skills in project management to achieve targets within scope, budget, and on time.
- Ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple tasks, and work under pressure while ensuring quality work.
- Adept at project planning, budgeting, management, and financial analysis.
- Established proactive and solutions-oriented approach to communication and problem-solving.
- Ability to always demonstrate the highest level of ethical standards.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues and be a team player.
Physical Demands: Sitting for long periods of time as expected with typical office and desk work.
Must be authorized to work in the United States.
As a condition of employment at Winrock, all US-based Winrock staff, regardless of location must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Winrock offers competitive pay and an excellent benefits package.
Winrock is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and value diversity and inclusiveness. Winrock recruits, employs, trains, promotes and compensates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law.
At Winrock we have a clear mission: Empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity and sustain natural resources through unwavering dedication to accountability, equity, innovation, integrity and transformation.
Winrock knows that its success comes from the hard work and steadfast dedication of its diverse workforce. Winrock remains committed to maintaining diversity, inclusion and equity across the entire organization