As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide – our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read Kraken Culture Explained to find out more about us!
Kraken is scaling the product marketing org to match our increasing depth and breadth of products. As the product marketing manager for OTC and prime services, you’ll lead the go-to-market effort to support Kraken’s introduction of OTC and prime services to a variety of pro traders and institutional client segments.You’ll partner with product managers, growth marketers, content writers and designers to scope and execute the go-to-market for this offering, inclusive of new client acquisition and upselling to existing clients. You will engage deeply in target market sizing and selection, paths to market, and the creation of sales and marketing strategies to promote market entry and penetration.
What You’ll Do
• Liaise with the sales and product leadership teams to identify areas a strategic marketing activity is required to maximize sales; develop plans for the activity; and carry it out in cooperation with senior business development teams.
• Determine/analyze existing and net-new clients’ future needs through direct research, surveys, competitive intel, and market sizing determining if cross-selling opportunities may exist
• Work closely with the institutional business development team to assess overall needs followed by actioning prospective campaigns accordingly
• Maintain and manage regional marketing collateral, branding, design, logistics, vendors, sales/marketing interaction accordingly
• Develop segment strategies for new/existing clients to use Kraken’s OTC desk and prime services among clients such as exchanges, non-bank financial institutions and other capital owners.
• Build relationships with key market influencers, early adopter distributors, end user customers, and thought leaders
• Take a diplomatic leadership approach to involve stakeholders early and get cross-functional work done; be a proactive leader and decision-maker that can rally leaders around a common problem or goal
• Use sound product sense in marketing every day: identify the problem we are solving for, our hypothesis, what goals we will set and how we measure them, what channels are best to use, what we should do now, next, and later, and plan we will scale and automate
• Create and share intel on competing products and marketing; summarize what is working well and what is not and how we will differentiate ourselves; know our products, our competitors products, and the differences between them better than anyone
• Plan and execute go-to-market strategies for new products and features by framing the positioning, messaging, and value propositions for each relevant client segment
• Make data-driven decisions when framing hypotheses, determining product-market fit, evaluating campaign performance, and setting goals
Who You Are
• You have 7+ years of experience in B2B Marketing in a fintech or financial services org
• You’ve worked closely with the traditional finance, fintech or crypto industries and have experience positioning cutting-edge financial products to conservative investor personas
• Crypto lending experience and options knowledge a plus
• You have an ability to move from ambiguity, synthesizing complex operational needs, to planning, communicating with stakeholders and then taking action
• You enjoy digging into the details and don’t shy away from advanced technical or financial concepts
• You’re a concise speaker, storyteller, and writer: you can slice, dice, and distill a narrative from a complex data set into an executive summary
• You’re an ally to product managers and other marketers, often volunteering to test alphas/betas, lead inbound customer research, and seek diverse perspectives
• You can be the antithesis of a lone wolf: you clearly communicate and involve stakeholders early and often and work to secure buy-in, address concerns, and incorporate feedback
• You’ve got an ease about you: you address urgency head-on and handle difficult, ambiguous situations with a clear, cool head and an open mind