About this Role
Fandom is looking for a Sr Manager Revenue to join our finance team. This opportunity is based in the US, and reports into the Assistant Controller.
This is a highly visible role in the organization that collaborates cross functionally with Revenue Operations, Sales, Legal and Finance teams. You will be overseeing all aspects of the revenue accounting operations, including month-end close, contract analysis, compliance with ASC 606, and systems optimization. With the help of 2 direct reports, you will be supporting both B2B and B2C sales for multiple brands, and developing process improvements and automations with the goal of furthering accuracy and efficiency in the revenue function. There is also opportunity for this role to have additional responsibilities outside of the revenue function such as managing the equity function, or assisting with acquisitions and other projects on an ad hoc basis.
An ideal candidate will have practical experience in managing and reconciling large data sets, as well as a deep understanding of ASC 606. This role has complex and competing demands. The candidate will need to be able to prioritize and adapt, while providing quality customer service. Collaborating with international teams requires a candidate with somewhat flexible working hours. Candidates need to exhibit a self-driven pursuit of operational excellence, a predisposition for taking action, and a strong sense of urgency when achieving outcomes. Candidates with experience in media and/or e-commerce are strongly preferred.
- Review contracts and any modifications, determine accounting treatment in accordance with 606, and provide feedback on implications of contract language on reporting.
- Prepare routine and ad hoc calculations and analysis related to revenue
- Oversee global indirect (sales) tax filings and compliance
- Support monthly closing activities including reviewing revenue transactions, performing accounting assessments and reconciliations, commission calculations, preparing and reviewing journal entries, and documenting revenue conclusions
- Manage the collections function, including developing and reporting on KPI’s, and interacting with customers.
- Manage revenue and invoicing function
- Research, resolve and operationalize complex and non-routine revenue accounting transactions. Draft related audit memos.
- Assess, evaluate, implement and maintain adequate internal controls and processes designed to reduce the risk of errors in reporting, and produce timely and accurate financial information.
- Manage functional software vendors and service providers
- Assist with external audits and special projects as needed
- Lead and mentor 2 direct reports
- Collaborate cross functionally across multiple departments
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance required
- Minimum of 7 years of related work experience with 3+ years managing Revenue function
- Prior Public Accounting experience with regards to Revenue (ASC 606) preferred
- CPA or equivalent a plus
- NetSuite experience preferred; Boostr, Tesorio a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel and PowerPoint), Google Sheets a plus
- Experienced in writing complex technical revenue accounting position papers a plus
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to manage priorities and execute in a fast-paced environment with attention to details
- The ability to effectively communicator with all levels of management and cross functional organizations
- Great people management skills
Benefits & Perks
- Salary Range = ($136k – $202k)
- Vibrant team culture, periodic team lunches and happy hour events
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision
- Training (unlimited Udemy + more)
- Flexible working hours and time off
- Equity & Retirement Programs including 401K match
- Paid Parental Leave
- International work environment with start-up culture
Fandom is the world’s largest fan platform where fans immerse themselves in imagined worlds across entertainment and gaming. Reaching more than 350 million unique visitors per month and hosting more than 250,000 wikis, Fandom is the #1 source for in-depth information on pop culture, gaming, TV and film, where fans learn about and celebrate their favorite fandoms. Fandom’s Gaming division manages the online video game retailer Fanatical. Fandom Productions, the content arm of Fandom, enhances the fan experience through curated editorial coverage and branded content from trusted and established publishing brands Gamespot, TV Guide and Metacritic, along with its Emmy-nominated Honest Trailers and the weekly video news program The Loop. For more information follow @getfandom or visit: www.fandom.com.
Fandom is an equal opportunity employer. Fandom values diversity, and all employment decisions are made on the basis of job requirements and individual qualifications.