Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small businesses. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaigns, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Mailchimp Sales team is the first point of human contact for prospective customers learning how Mailchimp adds value to their business. The team works with businesses ranging from completely new to digital marketing to those switching from other providers and looking to optimize. The Sales team is tasked with guiding conversations with prospective customers around the ROI of our platform offerings with features, integrations, pricing, and security, compared to competing marketing platforms. Through speedy relationship and trust building, the team encourages accelerated feature adoption leading to enhanced value from our platform. Our team's guidance sets businesses up for success before their first touch point with Product Support. If you’re passionate about helping businesses grow, touting the benefits of smart marketing, and thrive on connections over the phone, in person, and via email with marketers, business leaders, and agencies, we’d like to talk to you.
The Sales team is looking for a Sr. Manager, Outbound Sales to lead and scale an amazing team of sales professionals in our Outbound Sales group. In this role you will be responsible for developing your team(s) professionally and personally. You will pivot quickly through changing priorities and interact with a variety of stakeholders. This is a great mobility opportunity for someone seeking a new and exciting challenge.
This position will report to the Director of Sales but will interface directly with the Manager(s) of Sales and work cross functionally with marketing, product, and sales operations to ensure their teams are equipped to diagnose business performance, take action to exceed target, compete in market, and deliver memorable customer experiences.
What you’ll do here:
- Create an environment where diverse talent can do the best work of their lives
- Invests ample time in acquiring, developing and retaining top sales talent
- Coaching sales managers and digital sales consultants to peak performance
- Meet/Exceed assigned sales target, win rate, and revenue per customer metrics
- Team Leadership of sales managers of sales professionals who are both contractors and full time employees tasked with targeted outbound campaigns, and web leads
- Communicating up, down, and across the sales and marketing organization clearly and with impact
- Construct operating mechanisms that drive transparency of performance and risks and opportunities to key partners and leadership
- Participate in the design of the organization structure, processes, and rewards to align to business goals and strategy to create sustainable competitive success
- Provide continuous support, sales coaching and training that builds skill for all employees
- Conduct talent review sessions to drive productivity, foster a year-round performance management culture, set clear performance expectations, initiative prioritization, goals and results
- Collaborate across Intuit to share and learn best practices to continue to drive growth and to implement process improvement
- Quickly test new ideas, using our Innovation practices, combining data and insight to learn and innovate rapidly
- Develop outreach cadences by partnering with marketing and operations teams to design the copy, call flows, and contact timing leveraging A/B testing to maximize impact
We'd love to hear from you if have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of consultative sales experience in a technology environment selling complex solutions and/or SaaS offerings to businesses.
- 1+ year(s) leading Sales teams with a preference towards that experience leading teams with both sell-to and sell-through priorities
- Experience with Salesforce as a CRM, forecasting, and pipeline management tool
- Proven track record of experience meeting or exceeding quota in a highly consultative sales environment.
- Leadership experience, including demonstrated ability to set goals, gain shared vision, negotiate resolutions, meet commitments and garner respect from other team members.
- Ability to work internally to gain commitments, collaborate for channel needs and present to senior level executives. Ability to work across a matrix organization is a must.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Sales analytics skills in monitoring and managing a pipeline and team effectiveness.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work internally, across all business functions.
- Displayable change management success.
- Outbound Sales and Outbound Sales leadership experience
- Industry experience desired, but not mandatory
Bonus points for:
- Sales Marketing and lead management experience
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team – so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Vaccination Policy: We are requiring that employees who come onsite be vaccinated. Unless prohibited by applicable law, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for any position at Mailchimp/Intuit that necessitates coming onsite and/or in-person business activity. Qualified applicants who wold like to request an accommodation (exception) on the basis of a qualifying medical condition/disability or sincerely-held religious belief should contact email@example.com.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.