Zenni Optical, the world’s leading online eyewear retailer, pioneered the industry in 2003 with a mission to make prescription eyewear affordable and accessible to everyone. Based in the San Francisco Bay Area, Zenni offers adults and children the freedom to express their personal style through high-quality prescription and protective eyewear curated with a sense for fashion and incredible selection. With over 51 million frames sold worldwide, the company has brought massive price disruption to the traditional retail model. Zenni is proud to be the Official Eyewear of the San Francisco 49ers, Boston Celtics, Columbus Crew and the Chicago Bulls. Zenni has worked with designers and tastemakers on curations and collections, including Keke Palmer, Iris Apfel, Cynthia Rowley, David Ortiz and George and Claire Kittle. Zenni VR Prescription Lenses for Meta Quest 3 launched across the U.S., Canada, UK and Japan in October 2023.
For more information, please visit zennioptical.com/blog/press/.
We are seeking an individual with a track record in cultivating impactful connections and orchestrating compelling campaigns with celebrities and influencers. The right candidate will understand and be intentional to target the appropriate celebrities and influencers for Zenni’s Brand. The ideal candidate should boast a history of triumphs, supported by data and metrics. We are in search of someone who possesses expert proficiency in relationship development and expert comprehension of the celebrity and influencer market and how partnerships are structured.
What We Want You to Own in This Role
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with celebrities and influencers. Ranging from initial communication and outreach to ongoing communication, campaign, and execution
- Develop strategic partnerships supporting primary business goals with clear tactical timelines and KPIs
- Execute multiple partnerships while simultaneously researching and recommending new partnerships
- Work closely with Zenni’s external agencies to manage activities and projects
- Work with Zenni events team to help promote and activate brand experience events
- Stay on top of what’s happening in the PR world with media, competitors, tools, and services; looping in the team and leveraging trend info to keep ahead of the curve
- Help Brand function internally; share key press placements, develop a monthly buzz
- Update and manage foundational PR assets including media lists, coverage database, ongoing reports, etc.
- Maintain and execute ongoing campaigns and relationships
- 6+ years’ hands-on experience working on campaigns with celebrity and influencer partnerships
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Proven experience running successful campaigns from concept to execution
- Understanding and respect for diversity and inclusion
- 2 + experience with outreach to celebrities and influencers, including on-going relationship management and communication
- 1+ years of experience structuring and negotiating partnership contracts with celebrities and influencers
- Collaborative team player with a positive outlook and “can-do” attitude.
- Strong understanding of how to shape stories and campaigns that will resonate and result in coverage with varying audiences (consumer, business, trade).
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization
- Ability to develop strategic, creative and metrics-driven plans and campaigns
- Excellent time-management skills
- Experience with successful relationships in the e-commerce or online eyewear industry
- A highly competitive base salary
- A great career trajectory in a stable, successful growing company.
- Cutting-edge projects with opportunities for growth and professional development
- Excellent health benefits
- Annual Zenni Gift Card
- Great Work Life Balance
As of 01/01/2023, the expected annual compensation range for this position is $165-175K Actual pay within this range will be based upon several factors, including without limitation education, work experience, certifications, geographic pay differentials, market conditions, and other business and organizational needs. The Company anticipates that the reasonably expected salary for this position could change in the future and, therefore, the Company retains the right to change, modify, or revisit the salary range for the position for various reasons, including the Company’s business needs.