F&G is hiring for a Sr. Financial Analyst, FP&A – Statutory Forecasts & Analysis. The FP&A function provides senior management with forward looking projections and analysis of F&G’s financial and operating results, connecting strategy to performance. The FP&A team has a significant contribution to the successful setting of F&G financial targets and the ultimate achievement of them. They also enable management to credibly communicate with external stakeholders. The FP&A team partners to bring together all of the work of the deeply technical teams across finance, actuarial, investments, reinsurance and the lines of business to deliver value-added business analysis and metrics in support of enterprise-wide decision making. This team will have a comprehensive understanding of all key business performance drivers and sophisticated financial models.
The Sr. Financial Analyst, FP&A – Statutory Forecasts & Analysis role is responsible for ownership and execution of best-in-class, scalable FP&A short term forecasts & analysis to deliver an integrated, full service performance cycle to public company standards. This role will be pivotal to the success of FP&A through its active partnership across the finance and actuarial departments.
This position reports to the Director, FP&A Forecasts & Analysis and will interact with multiple teams throughout the company, including but not limited to finance, actuarial, investments, reinsurance and capital.
This position is responsible for supporting and executing best-in-class, scalable Stat financial short-term forecasts & analysis.
- Support robust financial forecasting, financial analysis and ad hoc deliverables; synthesize complex concepts to create analysis & explanations that are clear, concise and credible
- Prepare high quality, timely and accurate monthly and quarterly Stat variance analysis and forecasts
- Harness technology to drive automation and efficiencies for flexible turnkey deliveries
- Assist in production and distribution of FP&A Stat forecasts and analysis, considering material nonpublic information (MNPI) requirements
- Collaborate with others to instill deeper understanding of FP&A team function and requirements across F&G
- Support culture of financial transparency and continuous improvement
The position will partner closely with the FP&A – Performance Analytics and Reporting and FP&A – Projections & Analysis teams, scope as mutually agreed, to provide continuity to actual and emerging financial results.
- Prepare production of analysis for FP&A business decision support requests, including ad hoc analysis of complex financial business issues that impact the organization
- Collaborate across FP&A to inform on business intelligence, align assumptions and ensure integrity of projections and forecast (“no surprises”)
- Partner with the FP&A – Stat Projections & Analysis team to move projections into ‘production’ for use in variance analysis, reporting and business decision support
The position will support other FP&A deliveries, serving as an additional liaison between other Finance teams to ensure a holistic and consistent delivery model.
- Partner with Financial Reporting on deliverables and dependencies
- Collaborate with business partners and finance to aggregate and distribute Sales results and provide assistance for adhoc reporting
- Audit PBC requests
- Tax team deliverables for provisioning and projections
- Capital & Ratings Management team deliverables for rating agency
- Offshore Bermuda and Cayman teams to integrate results into overall story
- Regulatory forecasts and rating agency forecasts
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Actuarial or related field
- 4-6 years related professional experience in financial reporting and/or financial planning & analysis required
- Insurance experience highly desirable
- Knowledge of annuity and life insurance products preferred
- Knowledge of GAAP or Stat accounting practices and principles preferred
- Knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint required
- Experience with projections, general ledgers, databases and report writing is desired
F&G believes in an employee-centric flexible environment, which is why we offer the ability for in-office, hybrid and remote work arrangements. During the hiring process, you'll work with your leader to decide what works best for your role.
Join our employee-centric hybrid work environment: F&G Careers
Since 1959, Fidelity & Guaranty Life Insurance Company (F&G) has offered annuity and life insurance products to those who are seeking security in retirement and protection during life’s unexpected events.
As a national Top Workplace1, an Iowa Top Workplace2 and a proud equal opportunity employer, F&G team members are empowered, collaborative, dynamic and authentic. We believe that by embracing these values, we will continue to build and strengthen the company while continuing to be a great place to work.
Notice for all Applicants who are California residents under the California Privacy Rights Act. Please click here to review the policy.