Introduction to Demandbase:
Demandbase is the Smarter GTM™ company for B2B brands. We help marketing and sales teams overcome the disruptive data and technology fragmentation that inhibits insight and forces them to spam their prospects. We do this by injecting Account Intelligence into every step of the buyer journey, wherever our clients interact with customers, and by helping them orchestrate every action across systems and channels – through advertising, account-based experience, and sales motions. The result? You spot opportunities earlier, engage with them more intelligently, and close deals faster.
As a company, we’re as committed to growing careers as we are to building world-class technology. We invest heavily in people, our culture, and the community around us. We have offices in the San Francisco Bay Area, New York, Seattle, and teams in the UK and India, and allow employees to work remotely. We have also been continuously recognized as one of the best places to work in the San Francisco Bay Area.
We're committed to attracting, developing, retaining, and promoting a diverse workforce. By ensuring that every Demandbase employee is able to bring a diversity of talents to work, we're increasingly capable of living out our mission to transform how B2B goes to market. We encourage people from historically underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. Come grow with us at Demandbase!
About the Role:
At Demandbase, earning and maintaining customer trust is critical. We’re looking for a Sr. Director of Product Security to own everything that goes into building a secure SaaS product. You’ll report directly to the CISO and inherit an established application & cloud security team. You’ll use your security domain expertise, technical depth, and experience to collaborate with Product, Engineering, Operations, GRC, and Sales to weave prudent product security decisions into everything we do.
This leadership role comes with broad program management responsibilities that include application security, cloud security, vulnerability management, risk assessment, and sales support. We’re a remote-first company, and this role can be based anywhere in the United States, with occasional travel to collaborate in person (as guidelines allow).
What you’ll be doing:
- Define & promulgate a unifying vision for product security at Demandbase
- Collaborate with the Product team to set both strategic and tactical product security requirements to delight our customers and earn their trust
- Support engineers throughout the development lifecycle and make it easy for them to build secure products
- Guide the evolution of our cloud architecture and operations to enable efficient security practices
- Own the vulnerability management program for our products, including assessment, triage, and remediation accountability, for both infrastructure and application issues
- Be a proponent of high standards and engineering excellence, both within the security team and across all of Demandbase
- Lead & mentor a global team of security engineers and architects who support you in pursuit of these goals
What we’re looking for:
- 10+ years of security experience, including cloud & application security
- Domain expertise in cloud architecture & security
- Vulnerability assessment and penetration testing experience
- Demonstrated ability to select, manage, and collaborate with external vendors
- Familiarity with compliance and risk management frameworks and processes
- Proven experience building, coaching, managing and retaining a team.
- Strong analytical skills and experience using data to drive impactful insights and decisions
- Ability to collaborate well with diverse partners, influence without direct authority, and build strong relationships across teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate complex program, processes, recommendations, and data to audiences across functions, teams, and organizational levels
- Strategic thinker, with strong program and project management skills and attention to detail
- Experienced and articulate professional, to be customer-facing (as needed) to support the sales process
Our benefits include options for up to 100% paid Medical, Dental, and Vision premiums for you and your entire family, $1,000 personal development stipend, flexible PTO policy, no internal meeting Fridays, Modern Health mental wellness platform, Headspace, Ginger, and 13 paid holidays and 2 additional weeks where all Demandbase employees take off (week of July 4th and Thanksgiving). Plus 401(k), short-term/long-term disability, life insurance, and all those good things.