Who we are:
MasterClass is the streaming platform where the world’s best come together so anyone, anywhere, can access and be inspired by their knowledge and stories. We put you in the room with the creators, thinkers, makers and leaders who have changed the world, so that you can change yours.
Members get unprecedented access to 150+ instructors and classes across a wide variety of fields, including Arts & Entertainment, Business, Design & Style, Sports & Gaming, Writing and more. Step into Nas’ recording studio and Gordon Ramsay’s kitchen, and go behind the big screen with James Cameron. Design your career with Elaine Welteroth, get ready to win with Lewis Hamilton, perfect your pitch with Shonda Rhimes and discover your inner negotiator with Chris Voss.
If you want to help make an impact on our members' lives – we want to hear from you!
We are looking for more than what a resume can show. If you don’t have the exact experience or skills, but think you’d be a great addition to MasterClass, please apply for the role.
The Sr. Director, Creative and Marketing Operations leads the operations functions within the MasterClass marketing team and is responsible for managing the process, production and delivery of world-class campaigns at scale with internal and external teams.
In this role, you will implement a highly efficient and effective end-to-end process that will streamline and simplify our ways of working to enable creatives to excel at their craft and optimize our outputs based on real-time learnings. You will set the framework for the way we work and create sustainable best practices that improve cross-functional collaboration, workflows, budget management and long-range planning throughout all of the larger team’s functions including Creative, Marketing, Communications, Performance Marketing, Lifecycle and Organic Social.
You will report to, and work alongside, the CMO to support the overall Marketing function: including team budget oversight and reconciliation, third-party agency selection and management, team capacity management, KPI tracking, organizational planning and the ongoing identification of tools, partners and methodologies that help our teams produce their best work.
What You Will Do:
- Lead in-house teams of producers, resource managers, and project/program managers in the planning, production and delivery of campaigns at scale across a diverse channel and form factor mix
- Oversee the management of the indirect budget across the entire marketing team. This includes agency and vendor costs, production budgets, licensing costs for rights and clearances, tools and more
- Manage agency relationships: helping to identify solid partners, negotiating and managing the budgets and terms of engagement
- Formalize a system for creative requests and optimize the top-of-funnel intake process
- Build and maintain key relationships with marketing partners by demonstrating a deep understanding of integrated marketing models and a commitment to driving results
- Ensure the marketing team is delivering best-in-class capabilities and partnership across all departments, instilling a culture of collaboration
- Leverage data to inform project success, process improvement plans and to identify and build proposals for resourcing needs
- Foster a culture where people love to work, feel they can flourish, and are proud of what they contribute
- 10+ combined years experience, both at agencies and in-house, running operations, project management, and production
- 7+ years managing & hiring people in creative operations, project management/program management roles
- Deep working knowledge of all aspects of creative production across video, design, copy, motion graphics, performance marketing and organic social
- Experience organizing and managing teams through agile production cycles
- Solid experience managing production and planning across a diverse set of creative/marketing: traditional, performance/direct, product, organic social, experiential, earned media
- Extensive hands-on creative production and project/program management experience
- Expertise in creative and production workflows for complex projects including integrated campaigns, digital, social media, video, and print
- Strong relationship building skills and the ability to work with and influence all levels of management and individual contributors
- Comfort and experience working with and presenting to C-suite leaders
- Experience developing and managing marketing campaigns and programs in a data-driven, integrated marketing environment
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and boil down the ocean to simplify, streamline and tighten process to create clear working paths
- A driver of change, fearless about breaking new ground in an ever-changing marketing landscape
At MasterClass, we believe we put our best work forward when our employees bring together ideas that are diverse in thought. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. In addition, MasterClass will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need, we would like to know how we can better accommodate you.