Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We serve everyone from one-person startups to large, Fortune 100 enterprises with a powerful, trust-driven platform that enables companies and talent to work together in new ways that unlock their potential.
Last year, more than $3.8 billion of work was done through Upwork by skilled professionals who are gaining more control by finding work they are passionate about and innovating their careers.
Upwork is looking for an experienced Corporate Treasury professional who is looking for the opportunity to oversee, shape and develop the Corporate Treasury people, processes and systems and banking partnerships. The responsibilities for this role includes the supervision of the Treasury team. The role will report directly into the VP Controller.
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will have strong leadership skills, well-rounded treasury experience in cash management and banking relationships, investment strategy, Fx optimization, treasury systems implementations, and work closely with other teams on capital allocation planning. Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as strong cross functional partnering are essential to succeed in this role
- Oversee the Company’s day-to-day Corporate Treasury activities
- Manage ongoing bank relationships and identify opportunities for new partnerships
- Lead day-to-day corporate cash management operations
- Coordinate daily liquidity needs, and maximize yield on cash / investment returns
- Oversee monthly accounting close and reconciliation and drive efficiencies
- Build and oversee Upwork’’s FX operations and implement appropriate policies and procedures governing FX activity
- Providing support to the Payment Accounting Operations team, including asset custody reporting, process flow optimization, and financial risk management.
- Build and maintain cash flow / liquidity forecasting models in collaboration with FP&A
- Work with Finance and Accounting to identify and manage day-to-day cash needs for inter-company transactions, AP, payroll, tax, debt servicing, and other financial obligations
- Implement controls and procedures governing corporate funds flows, bank account / platform access, etc.
- Partner with other finance teams to manage company-wide capital planning and analysis
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory capital requirements, including legal entity capital requirements, and adherence to permissible investment requirements
- Ensure compliance with treasury SOX controls, respond to internal and external audit requests, and provide recommendations to control structure.
- Maintain and improve all treasury-related policies
- Drive selection and implementation of Treasury Management System
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Extensive experience in progressive Treasury, liquidity, and cash management experience in leadership positions
- Deep relationships with global multinational banks including setting up new banking structures
- Strong capital / liquidity forecasting and risk management experience
- Robust analytical, problem solving and financial modeling skills
- Strong knowledge of relevant Treasury management systems
- Prior experience in building scalable processes and driving continuous improvement and automation within a growing Finance organization
- Demonstrated ability to effectively document and articulate business issues in a timely and professional manner
- Ability to adapt and learn new processes and tasks
- Understanding of U.S.GAAP and SEC requirements related to treasury-related areas
- People management experience with remote teams
- Marketplace industry experience preferred, but will consider SaaS or FinTech industry experience. Multinational experience is required.
- Strong problem solving skills, with the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop high-performing teams
- Self-starter and strong ethical standards
- Capacity to assess process and internal control weaknesses and identify improvements
- Be detail-oriented, flexible, and organized – flexibility to cross-regional time-zones and cross functional teams
- Be able to prioritize workload and perform in a fast paced and challenging environment
- CPA, CTP, CFA preferred but not required
The annual base salary for this position in California and Washington ranges from $195,250- $265,000. The range displayed reflects the minimum and maximum salary for this position in California and Washington, and individual base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location. Additionally, this position is eligible for the annual bonus plan or sales incentive plan and eligibility to participate in our long term equity incentive program.
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 19 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
At the core of our vibrant culture are shared values that form the foundation of our organization. These values revolve around trust, risk-taking, customer focus, and excellence. Our overarching mission is to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster an environment where individuals are encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work, nurturing personal and professional growth through development opportunities, mentorship programs, and participation in Upwork Belonging Communities.
We take pride in providing exceptional benefits to our employees. These include comprehensive medical insurance coverage for both you and your family, unlimited paid time off, a 401(k) plan with matching contributions, 12 weeks of paid parental leave, and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. To explore these benefits in detail, as well as gain insights into our company values, working principles, and the overall employee experience, we invite you to visit our Life at Upwork page.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
To learn more about how Upwork processes and protects your personal information as part of the application process, please review our Global Job Applicant Privacy Notice