At HashiCorp, we’re building a generation-defining infrastructure software company, powered by our core principles and a growing team of talented, committed professionals working together to help organizations seamlessly transition to and operate in the cloud. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in San Francisco, 85 percent of our employees work remotely, strategically distributed around the globe. From our inception we built the company with a remote-first approach because we believe talent has no boundaries.
About the Role
It is the mission of the HashiCorp Developer Advocate to work in dual parts, externally with our incredible community of practitioners, and internally with our product and engineering teams.
You will be responsible for forming relationships and helping the practitioner understand the features of our tools, and the patterns and standard methodologies of their use. You will also be the voice of the practitioner at HashiCorp, providing feedback on bugs, creating feature requests, building supporting tools, writing documentation, and improving the overall developer experience. This means incorporating our tao and principles into your work. If this resonates with you, please apply!
This role is all about representing and supporting the HashiCorp developer community, and we are looking for someone who can share their experience with and passion for our products, while leading the way in the DevOps space.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Define, encourage, and drive the adoption of HashiCorp tools with the community.
- Build compelling presentations, product demos, sample solutions, technical blogs, and discussions to highlight features and demonstrate solutions to engineering problems, industry developments, and emerging technologies with HashiCorp tools.
- Prototype new projects and technical integrations between HashiCorp products and tools in the broader ecosystem, that solve common problems or extend existing capabilities.
- Collaborate with internal teams on the product roadmap, market positioning, messaging, and developer program initiatives.
- Support the product team in helping to analyze, update, re-design, and craft compelling web and online experiences, and easy learning opportunities for developers aiming to get started with HashiCorp tools, and take their next steps.
- Gain industry recognition and credibility as a regular attendee, panelist, and keynote speaker at technology conferences, trade shows, and press events.
- Assist in driving the global expansion of existing community-focused programs, for example, Hackathons, User Groups, Meet-ups, Community and DevOps events.
- Build links with community enthusiasts in the field, and maintain a strong and credible presence in social media channels relevant to developers and operators, to improve the experience of the open source developer community
- Share standard methodologies and help build a best-in-the-industry Advocacy organization.
You may be a good fit if you have:
- Experience with any of HashiCorp’s tools
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or meaningful work experience
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- The ability to work in coordination with, and gain the respect of engineers and software developers
- Experience writing code, supplying and understanding the community mechanisms of open source projects
- Experience with infrastructure management and operations lifecycle concepts and ecosystem
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency, and drive
- Willing to travel to conferences, meetups, and other events as safety allows
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.