About Whisker Labs
We’re on a mission to save lives and property, leading the next wave in smart home technology and fire prevention with Ting. This intelligent sensor and concierge service monitors a home’s electrical network to detect electrical hazards that often lead to the most devastating and catastrophic fires. While on the job preventing fires inside a home, Ting also helps monitor the electrical grid, contributing to increased community fire safety and reduced environmental impact that comes with fire reduction. We’re steadfastly addressing the long underserved realm of electrical fire prevention with leading-edge technology and embarking on the next stage of our growth. Visit tingfire.com for more information.
About the Role
Whisker Labs is seeking a data scientist to join our team extracting insights from electrical networks. This team is responsible for advancing Whisker Lab’s technology to detect early warning signs of electrical fires in homes, preventing one of the deadliest types of fires. The role will primarily focus on the design, development, and deployment of algorithms analyzing high-speed real-time electrical sensor data.
Our ideal candidate is comfortable in a startup environment and will bring an energetic, creative approach to their work. You are excited to develop new methods to extract insights from big data as we develop products from the ground up. You are comfortable jumping into the deep end, expanding your skills as you go, and are eager to contribute to a project that will have a substantial, positive impact on people’s lives.
- Design and implement scalable, data-driven solutions to extract insights from high-frequency sensor data
- Contribute to the creation of internal tools for building data sets as well as training and validating models
- Provide inputs for developing user-facing visualizations for results and for monitoring overall system performance
- Participate in software design, production-readiness, and code reviews
- A degree in Mathematics, Science, or an Engineering Field
- 6+ years of combined education and experience analyzing and presenting insights drawn from large data sets
- Experience with a *nix-based development workflow (e.g., git, SSH, Make, shell scripting)
- Fluency in Python required
- Experience performing data analysis of large datasets, using analytics tools (e.g., NumPy, pandas, SQL, Spark), and preparing visualizations to explore technical and scientific questions
- Experience with cloud ecosystems (e.g., AWS, Google Cloud) preferred
- Experience with signal processing and real-time processing of high-velocity time series data a plus
- PhD in Data Science, Machine Learning, Electrical Engineering
- Experience and understanding of electrical and utility infrastructure