Let’s face it, a company whose mission is human transformation better have some fresh thinking about the employer/employee relationship.
We do. We can’t cram it all in here, but you’ll start noticing it from the first interview.
Even our candidate experience is different. And when you get an offer from us (and accept it), you get way more than a paycheck. You get a personal BetterUp Coach, a development plan, a trained and coached manager, the most amazing team you’ve ever met (yes, each with their own personal BetterUp Coach), and most importantly, work that matters.
This makes for a remarkably focused and fulfilling work experience. Frankly, it’s not for everyone. But for people with fire in their belly, it’s a game-changing, career-defining, soul-lifting move.
Join us and we promise you the most intense and fulfilling years of your career, doing life-changing work in a fun, inventive, soulful culture.
If that sounds exciting—and the job description below feels like a fit—we really should start talking.
BetterUp is looking for a Senior CorpIT Systems Administrator to be a technical leader with our Corporate Information Technology group. In this role, you will drive the implementation of a “paved road” corporate IT systems strategy, enabling the people of BetterUp to move with agility, speed, and confidence. Additionally, you will assist leadership in the effort to build a team of thoughtful, driven, and customer-obsessed technology experts to enable BetterUp to accelerate as we continue to grow.
What you’ll do:
- Support and sustain the brand, vision, and standards for providing great service to the people of BetterUp
- Build a world-class Corporate IT ecosystem by evaluating, prototyping, implementing, and supporting best-in-class technology solutions.
- Create infrastructure standards that create a simple and effective user experience across our business systems and offices worldwide
- Execute upon a strategy to improve our laptop fleet, providing the best possible balance of security and usability across the globe
- Be a trusted partner and technology advocate across the teams in our business.
- Partner with key partners from across the organization to develop business systems operational plans
- Ensure that our near-term solutions are aligned with best practices to deliver architecture that can scale our business.
If you have some or all of the following, please apply:
- Minimum five years of progressively responsible information technology implementation, operation, and leadership experience, including team lead experience (across multiple continents).
- Must be metrics-driven and have a keen sense for interpreting key performance indicators.
- Must possess evidence of building strong partnerships and relationships across a growing and mature organization and with external partners and stakeholders.
- Able to communicate core messages in a concise manner that resonates with a varied and often highly technical audience.
- Adaptable to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, and rapid change
- Highly aware of how their actions and solutions will impact other parts of the business; furthermore will drive to self-develop and must have a strong desire to excel.
- Up-to-date understanding of technology trends and solutions and a keen interest in shaping the “state of the art” within BetterUp.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills, including the ability to present complicated technology concepts simply and clearly.
- Openly embraces and encourages change and growth in people, processes, and technology.
- Working knowledge of industry-standard compliance and regulatory frameworks (e.g., SOC2, ISO27k, SOX)
- Strong experience working with cross-functional teams to implement global and scalable technology solutions and systems.
- B.S. in Information Systems Management or equivalent experience.
- Strong, broad, and deep experience working with a variety of infrastructure management (Networking, Systems, VM’s, Storage, Cloud services/SaaS, etc.) and application delivery (ERP, CRM/SFA, BI, collaboration and messaging tools, etc.); as well as a deep understanding of what it takes to support a global infrastructure and cloud-based business applications environment.
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Company wide Summer & Winter breaks
- Year-round charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.