We all have important information we need to manage, and protecting it should be easy. Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people log in to 1Password to unlock smart, simple access to everything they care about. Our vision is to create a safer, simpler digital future for everyone, and our culture values simplicity, honesty and a human-centric approach to solving problems. Come help us unlock peace of mind so everyone can stay safer online.
As a Senior Accountant, you will be a key member of our growing Controllership team. This is a great opportunity for a detail-oriented, eager accounting professional to have a significant impact in a fast-growing organization. You will be utilizing your problem-solving skills and making recommendations to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Accounting department. This role is perfect for someone who is a self-starter and looking to build their career, while leveling up the business.
This is a remote opportunity within Canada and the US.
What we’re looking for:
- 4+ years of experience in Finance with a CPA designation. SaaS or technology company experience is considered an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of US GAAP and financial reporting.
- Proficiency in accounting software (e.g., Netsuite) and advanced Excel skills.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and manage multiple competing priorities while being flexible and resilient.
- Strong problem-solving, attention to detail, accuracy, and process improvement skills.
- A knack for learning things on your own and quickly adapting to new environments.
- Experience with intercompany transactions and a multicurrency corporation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to demonstrate teamwork skills in a growing team.
What you can expect:
- General Ledger Management
- Perform month-end closing tasks including preparing, and analyzing accounting entries and account reconciliations which can include the following accounts:
- Cash accounts
- Cost of sales
- Capitalized development costs
- Prepaid expenses
- Other accounts as required
- Manage the month end close process and conduct regular meetings with the team to ensure timelines are being met.
- Financial Analysis
- Conduct variance analysis for assigned balance sheet and income statement accounts and provide meaningful insights into financial trends.
- Assist Accounting Manager in the preparation of the monthly reporting package which includes financial analysis.
- Produce clear, well-structured documentation and memos that support reporting needs and audit processes.
- Audit Support
- Coordinate and facilitate internal and external audits.
- Provide necessary documentation and explanations during audit processes.
- Cross-functional Collaboration & Process Improvement
- Collaborate with other departments such as Engineering, Sales and IT to gather and analyze financial information.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and efficiency in financial operations.
- Implement best practices to streamline accounting processes and assist in projects related to automation of financial reporting processes.
- Stay current on US GAAP accounting pronouncements and ensure the company’s accounting practices comply with relevant regulations.