Experince – 8 to 12 yrs .
PS – Cloud experience is a must .
The SQL Database Administrator Perform database engineering and administration activities including design, planning, configuration, monitoring, automation, self- serviceability, alerting, and space management, database backup and recovery. Plan computerized databases, including base definition, structure, documentation, long- range requirements, operational guidelines and protection
Key Responsibilities List
· Formulate and monitor policies, procedures and standards relating to database management.
· Provide design standards and guidance for projects and technical roadmaps.
· Capacity Planning: Forecast future database growth based on usage trends and plan for hardware and storage requirements accordingly to ensure scalability and optimal performance.
· Patch Management and Upgrades: Plan and execute SQL Server software upgrades, patches, and service packs. Stay up-to-date with the latest SQL Server releases and features.
· Troubleshooting and Issue Resolution: Investigate and resolve complex database-related issues, including data corruption, performance problems, and connectivity challenges.
· Automation and Scripting: Developautomation scripts and tools to streamline repetitive tasks, improve efficiency, and reduce the risk of human errors.
· Monitoring and Alerting: Set up monitoring and alerting systems to proactively identify and address potential database ssues before they become critical.
· Compliance and Best Practices: Ensure that databases comply with industry standards and internal policies.
Follow best practices for database management, security, and performance optimization.
· Mentoring and Training: Provide guidance and support to Level 1 and Level 2 DBAs, sharing knowledge and expertise to foster their professional growth.
· Performance Analysis and Reporting: Generate performance reports and analysis for stakeholders and management to provide insights into the database environment’s health and performance.
· Documentation: Maintain up-to-date documentation of database configurations, procedures, and troubleshooting steps.
· Vendor and Third-Party Tool Management: Evaluate and manage third-party tools and solutions that assist in database management, monitoring, and performance tuning. Resolve locking conflicts/blocking and resource utilization. Build tools for customers and internal teams by creating scripts or using software to automate administration tasks and DBA processes.
· Consult with customers on SQL Server including best practices and SQL Server Disaster Recovery setups.
· Participate in sales implementations vendor calls to provide advanced knowledge in the purchase of software, hardware or services that can be used to improve the performance of the database server. Carry out disaster recovery planning and execution including, log shipping, mirroring, replication, and AlwaysOn.
· Works with the product organization to assist in the roll out of new products.
· Participate in 24X7 production support for SQL Server infrastructure
· Executes large sized, complex database projects. Ensures projects are properly documented.
· Proficient Skills in SQL Server Architecture, Installation and Configuration, Performance Tuning, High Availability and Disaster Recovery (HADR), Monitoring and Troubleshooting
· Database Migrations and Upgrades:Experience in planning and executing database migrations and upgrades,including version compatibility, testing, and minimizing downtime.
· SQL Server in the Cloud: Knowledge of deploying and managing SQL Server in cloud platforms such as Azure SQL Database and Amazon RDS.
· SQL Server Best Practices: Familiarity with industry best practices for SQL Server administration, including configuration settings, maintenance tasks, and disaster recovery strategies.
· Ability to communicate technical info and ideas so others will understand.
· Ability to apply varying leadership skills and traits that create solutions and results to unexpected situations.