At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for a detail-oriented and experienced specialist to join our evolving Trust and Safety team. This individual will review a broad variety of Safety concerns and will be responsible for maintaining and optimizing a safe and happy global community of Lyft’s drivers and riders. We're looking for someone motivated to go above and beyond for our community members to instill trust in the Lyft platform. Join us to create, implement and expand our community's safety practices.
The successful candidate will demonstrate an expert-level understanding of egregious circumstances, empathetic communication, and will use their specialized skill set to review safety incidents with the goal of helping to mitigate the negative impact for the reporting victims and ultimately remove those that violate our Terms of Service and Community Guidelines from the platform. Ideal candidates will be passionate about working with the team to build a world-class safety organization; they consistently hold themselves and others accountable, keeping focus on their team’s overall goals and putting others before themselves.. They will be passionate about identifying policy and helping to create a platform to provide the best end to end experience for the riders and drivers in our community, especially when related to decision-making due to a safety-related incidents.
- Become a strong safety advocate for our community
- Review deactivation decisions to ensure they were made in adherence to Lyft’s Community Guidelines and compliant to the Lyft deactivation matrix
- Maintain high levels of confidentiality while performing account reviews, and comprehensively document research and decisions through written reports
- Work to educate our riders/drivers to promote positive experiences and maintain safety while operating within the Lyft platform
- Trusted owner for resolution of safety deactivations
- Identify potential risks, mediate, and diffuse situations
- Help our community in a tactful and diplomatic manner
- Strong ability to solve in times of limited structure or in situations with no precedent
- 2+ years experience in customer support or an applicable role
- Background in advocacy, crisis management, mediation or e-commerce customer service experience.
- Experience with previous change management; ability to thrive in a fast-paced ever-changing environment.
- Experience resolving conflicts in a detailed, effective, and timely manner.
- Be empathetic and sensitive to our community while serving as the decision maker
- Experienced in customer de-escalation and escalated the incident response
- An expert communicator, both verbal and written
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent a plus
- Bilingual a plus!
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- Family building benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink – Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
For candidates living in Colorado the expected base pay range is $47,050-$55,350 and depending on a variety of non-discriminatory factors, including qualifications, experience and geographic location.
This role is work-from-anywhere, excluding the following states and all U.S. territories: Alabama, Delaware, Iowa, Kansas, Mississippi, Oklahoma, West Virginia, Puerto Rico
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States and Canada in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule, remote, or as a visitor) are required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated and up to date against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated and up to date means an employee has: 1) received all recommended doses in a primary series of COVID-19 vaccine; and 2) either has received a booster dose or is not yet eligible to receive a booster dose but will do so when eligible. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state and local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft's accommodations process. New employees must provide proof of full vaccination or receive an accommodation exception approval prior to their start date.