SonicWall delivers Boundless Cybersecurity for the hyper-distributed era in a work reality where everyone is remote, mobile, and unsecure. SonicWall safeguards organizations mobilizing for their new business normal with seamless protection that stops the most evasive cyberattacks across boundless exposure points and increasingly remote, mobile, and cloud-enabled workforces. By knowing the unknown, providing real-time visibility and enabling breakthrough economics, SonicWall closes the cybersecurity business gap for enterprises, governments and SMBs worldwide. For more information, visit https://www.sonicwall.com/ or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram.
Ready to do your part in the cyber arms race? SonicWall offers fun, high-energy work environments at the leading edge of technology, networking, and cybersecurity. Whether you’re in sales, marketing, engineering, product management, technical support, or finance, you’ll have real opportunities to help protect more than 500,000 organizations across the globe. If you’re ready for a career that can impact change — and not just another job — join one of committed and enthusiastic SonicWall teams in offices around the world.
The Solution Engineering team is a global organization within Sales, (also known as Pre-Sales), focused on the technical aspects of the sales activities that lead to a customer or partner decision to select SonicWall as the preferred cybersecurity vendor to purchase goods and services. The Solution Engineering team conducts discovery of the customers or partner requirements, validation of those requirements, clarifies the use cases and puts forward a proposal that aligned to the customers need. They are also responsible for enabling the technical channel community to a skill level where the channel partner can position, demo, lead a PoC and propose a SonicWall solution that meets the customers purchase decision.
Key aspects of their role include:
• Partner with Sales as the technical lead to ensure solution proposed is fit for purpose
• Ability to tell the story and demonstrate the merits of the solution to win the customers technical decision over the competition
• Lead proof of concepts, RFI/RFP responses and customer and partner product trials
• Enable channel partners and customers and build out key relationships with technical decision makers
• Teaming with key functions of the extended SonicWall team including, customer success, support, professional services, enablement, and marketing, to support the desired outcomes
• Partnering with product management to be the voice of the customer, improve our overall quality and customer experience through beta testing and soliciting feedback from the field
• Build out trusted relationships both internally and externally
• Act as technical champion, evangelist, and ambassador for SonicWall
• Retain knowledge of cyber security threats, trends and to share these insights along with the roadmap to our channel partners and end-user customers.
This is an Inside Solution Engineering role, which is 100% office based or 100% remote working, supporting the technical sales and channel activities.
This role is aligned to someone who is a self-starter, passionate about technology, enabling teams and connecting with people to help solve their requirements. The ideal candidate must have a willingness to learn, prepared to get hands-on experience around cyber security products, good communication and presentations skills. This is a perfect opportunity to cross over into Cyber Security Pre-Sales from channel technical enablement, professional services, support, technical marketing, and similar type roles.
• Lead technical discovery conversations to qualify and validate the customer requirements and use cases to build out a bill of materials that meets the customer needs
• Conduct technical sales presentations and product demonstrations across SonicWall portfolio to an audience typically between 1-10 persons, keeping partners and customers informed of our new solutions and industry trends
• Support remote partner product trials
• Builds out and maintains personal lab for most common demo requests and personal development
• Participate in beta testing and feedback of product features and field readiness, working alongside the product management teams
• Teaming with support where necessary to preserve relationships with partners and customers
• Support technical marketing initiatives, leveraging the existing collateral, presenting on internal or virtual events
• Adheres to the company values, guidelines, and solution engineering regional reporting tasks
Characteristics of the Role:
• Self-starter with a curious mindset. Takes responsibility for personal development
• Team player, developing knowledge of sales and the technical sales cycle
• Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained
• Work is reviewed periodically based on a set of defined procedures or precedence
• Normally receives general instruction on work and new assignments
• Develops stable working relationships internally. Exchanges standard/basic information with colleagues and immediate supervisor, project leaders and other professionals in the team/group
Desired Education and Experience:
• Requires a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years of related experience
• Recognized Industry certifications in networking, cloud, or cyber security fundamentals
• Retaining specialist knowledge across SonicWall products to the desired level
SonicWall is an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
At SonicWall, we pride ourselves on recruiting a diverse mix of talented people and providing active security solutions in 100+ countries.