What you’ll do
In a few words…
Abarca is igniting a revolution in healthcare. We built our company on the belief that with smarter technology we are redefining pharmacy benefits, but this is just the beginning…
Software Development at Abarca Health houses a truly innovative team: software, systems, architecture, and automation engineers! The Enterprise Architecture team delivers great value to Abarca by cutting down IT complexity and costs by aligning concerns, technology tools, and strategic business goals. They're also key in bridging the gap between Abarca's current and future state objectives, managing current cloud-based systems, and ensuring that disparate cloud systems fit with the legacy systems and harmonizing Darwin's architectural requirements into a comprehensive set of best practices, policies, processes, procedures, and standards.
As a Solutions Architect, you will optimize development processes within Abarca’s software solutions. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with stakeholders, enterprise architects, product owners, and development teams to design and implement robust, scalable, and reliable solutions that meet business requirements and align with IT strategy. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of IT systems, infrastructure, and architecture principles, as well as a proven track record of delivering solutions in an agile environment.
The fundamentals for the job…
- Collaborate with stakeholders, enterprise architecture, product owners, and development teams to understand business requirements and design solutions that meet functional and non-functional requirements.
- Develop solution architecture blueprints, technology roadmaps, and implementation plans that align with IT strategy and enterprise architecture principles.
- Evaluate existing and emerging technologies and identify opportunities to improve solution quality, scalability, and performance.
- Work closely with development teams to ensure solution designs are implemented accurately and efficiently.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation, including architecture diagrams, process flows, and system interfaces.
- Provide guidance and support to development teams during solution implementation, testing, and deployment.
- Collaborate with other architects and IT leaders to develop and maintain IT standards, policies, and procedures.
- Continuously improve architecture and design processes and standards, incorporating agile methodologies as appropriate.
What we expect of you
The bold requirements…
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or relevant engineering field, or relevant experience. (In lieu of a degree, equivalent relevant work experience may be considered.)
- 8+ years of related experience with Development or Software Architect
- Experience with architecture principles and best practices, including software design patterns, service-oriented architecture, microservices, containerization (Docker), and orchestration (Kubernetes).
- Experience with Agile Software Development and/or Agile frameworks (Scrum, SAFe, XP, Lean, etc.)
- Experience with SDLC, CI/CD principles and infrastructure as code (Terraform, Azure Resource Manager templates).
- Familiarity with DevOps/SRE practices.
- Experience with infrastructure design and cloud-native solutions, including AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- Experience with security best practices, identity management, and compliance standards (HIPAA).
- Experience guiding development teams in applying SOLID principles.
- Experience working with relational databases, writing and execute SQL queries and database objects over a SQL server database.
- Experience with Azure DevOps or other team collaboration products for agile projects, Microsoft Visual Studio, SQL Server, Selenium IDE and Web Driver products.
- Experience with software development frameworks, such as Spring and Hibernate
- Experience with software version control systems such as Git and SVN
- Experience leading and influence technical teams and stakeholders.
- Experience quickly assessing impact of new features on the current framework architecture.
- Willingness to travel up to 5%.
- Excellent team collaboration, oral and written communication skills.
- We are proud to offer a flexible hybrid work model which will require certain on-site work days (Puerto Rico Location Only)
Nice to haves…
- Experience in Healthcare, Pharmacy, and Pharmacy Benefit Management industries, Medicare Part D, and CMS regulations. Azure certifications (Azure Solutions Architect Expert) are a plus.
- Experience with RPA, Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and/or Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
- Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing.
At Abarca we value and celebrate diversity. Diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging are guiding principles of Abarca and ensure Abarca’s workforce reflects the communities it serves. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Abarca Health LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. “Applicant must be a United States’ citizen. Abarca Health LLC does not sponsor employment visas at this time”
The above description is not intended to limit the scope of the job or to exclude other duties not mentioned. It is not a final set of specifications for the position. It’s simply meant to give readers an idea of what the role entails.